Golfers Thread

Gaz

19 hours ago, peasy23 said:

All 7 spots to go through to final qualifying from Barassie were secured by Scots.

Niall Shiels Donegan, son of Lloyd Cole's former bass player Lawrence, was T1 with a 67 at Frilford Heath.

If you've never read Lawrence Donegan's book '4 Iron In The Soul', it is well worth seeking out. Mostly about the highs & lows caddying on the European Tour (mostly for Ross Drummond), long before the days when caddies stayed in hotels or drove Winnebagos.

Mucho recommendos.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

If you've never read Lawrence Donegan's book '4 Iron In The Soul', it is well worth seeking out. Mostly about the highs & lows caddying on the European Tour (mostly for Ross Drummond), long before the days when caddies stayed in hotels or drove Winnebagos.

Mucho recommendos.

Read it multiple times but have now misplaced it. The South American caddies seemed like a fine bunch of lads. 😂

21 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Fellow YouTuber Peter Finch also had a horror show. 12+ at Hesketh

Felt really bad for Finch, i love his content, great guy, worked so hard on his game and has just had a complete mare. He showed at the Myrtle Beach qualifier that he can shoot a decent score, but his mental game has just gone to ratshit yesterday and he’s not recovered from bad shots. He has the game on his best days but lacks the consistency. Still for me the better golf swing of all the youtuber golfers (discounting Bryant bros). 

On 25/06/2024 at 15:40, Florentine_Pogen said:

Mucho recommendos.

A terrific read.

14 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Bob in a featured group on Thursday. 

His stock seems quite high at the moment.  I noticed that they had him as one of the golfers they talk to mid way through his round last week on course and he was doing a good job of charming them. 

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

His stock seems quite high at the moment.  I noticed that they had him as one of the golfers they talk to mid way through his round last week on course and he was doing a good job of charming them. 

Yep, I saw that and Bob's first comment on his 'Walk & Talk' was "I hope you've got the subtitles ready !"

He seems quite confident and easy going in front of the media although I'm sure he's feckin' sick and tired of being asked how much his old man got for caddying at the Canadian.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Bob and Martin Laird both in at - 1. He was +1 with half a dozen holes left when I last checked so that's a decent outcome. 

Decent finish, but with 74 players at -2 or better they'll need to find some birdies tomorrow. 

20 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Yep, I saw that and Bob's first comment on his 'Walk & Talk' was "I hope you've got the subtitles ready !"

He seems quite confident and easy going in front of the media although I'm sure he's feckin' sick and tired of being asked how much his old man got for caddying at the Canadian.

"Kin ye hear me pantin?" after traipsing up a huge hill was quite amusing. 

Pretty depressed at present as unable to play golf.  Injured my knee and was really srtuggling to walk the past three days - not sure how it happened but did have a wee bit of puffiness after a run in Munich a couple of weeks ago.  Nightmare timing as got a good few competitions in July and at this stage no idea if I can play in them. 

Typically I play around 25-30 rounds in July as take time off work to play in a couple of four day Opens. Something that really pisses me off is clubs who have full fields and even two weeks before due to play state that they will not offer a refund (looking at you Nairn) If I withdraw they will easily fill my space and get the money.

Slight improvement when I got up this morning but definitely going to give golf a miss for next ten days or so and see how it improves.