Golfers Thread

Gaz

So I've decided that I'm going to get a new big dog probably in January since I've had my ping g20 since 2012 😎

Had a few smacks of a few up at local range and I'm thinking of going with the cobra ( I prefer ping or cobra clubs) Anybody any recommendations

This is the bad boy I think I'm going with but open to trying loads out 

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf-clubs/drivers/cobra-king-ltdx-golf-driver-399888.html

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

So I've decided that I'm going to get a new big dog probably in January since I've had my ping g20 since 2012 😎

Had a few smacks of a few up at local range and I'm thinking of going with the cobra ( I prefer ping or cobra clubs) Anybody any recommendations

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf-clubs/drivers/cobra-king-ltdx-golf-driver-399888.html

Can't comment on Cobra but every recent Ping driver has been outrageously good.* I have the G400 max and the G410 and they're both very long and very forgiving - G400 max probably moreso. I doubt the latest tech is significantly better but the G430 is also getting brilliant reviews. 

You're going to notice a big difference from that old G20. As I'm sure you know shafts are also important as they really influence ball flight so worth get a fitting if you're buying new and trying a few. 

*G425 sounded really weird when I tried a friend's - like a loud tin can but still long/straight. 

Edited by VictorOnopko

13 hours ago, doulikefish said:

I would post a picture but it would spoil the surprise just check out Marcel Siems outfit today in Mauritius 

For those that missed it. Imagine turning up to your monthly medal and one of your group was wearing that?

20231217_210033.jpg

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

For those that missed it. Imagine turning up to your monthly medal and one of your group was wearing that?

20231217_210033.jpg

Guy at my club who would have no difficulty doing that and would then shoot a net 89. 
Edit to add I’m a big fan of Siem. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

On 14/12/2023 at 19:02, doulikefish said:

Ive read good things about the cobra stuff, im looking for a new fairway wood and the 3wd of that and the ping are on the shortlist.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Has anyone ever completely, and let me assure you this is no exaggeration, lost their swing?

At this moment, I can't hit a single club. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

Thinking too much ...go to a range with only your short irons and chill and just clip a 100 balls and just hit them and  don't think about it 

On 19/12/2023 at 14:42, funky_nomad said:

Maybe have a wee peek at the Srixon ZX woods, too - I have the 3, 5 and hybrid, and they play (and look) the part. I struggled for years to hit a 3-wood off the deck with any kind of consistency, but the ZX comes out lovely the vast majority of the time.

I really like Srixon as a brand too, good quality stuff. 
Auchterlonies were having a sale the other day, some ex-hire titleist clubs, so bought a tsi2 15 degree 3 wood, £129, great nick, plus two vokeys for £60 each. Took to the range yesterday and off the deck using top tracer was comfortably hitting it 230yds, was honestly taken aback by how even slight mis-hits were still carrying over 200 and rolling another 10-20, so happy with this club. 

On 14/12/2023 at 19:02, doulikefish said:

All you’ll ever need…

694BFF4E-D488-4D6F-94F9-43D296F87DE2.jpeg