Golfers Thread

Gaz

Another dreadful performance by Rory. He’ll likely shoot 2 good rounds over the weekend and finish top 10 and then give us his usual “taking the positives” bullshit. He’s miles away from winning a Major. Love him to prove me wrong but just don’t see it happening. 
Edit to add, just realised Olazabal made the cut. Great stuff. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Another dreadful performance by Rory. He’ll likely shoot 2 good rounds over the weekend and finish top 10 and then give us his usual “taking the positives” bullshit. He’s miles away from winning a Major. Love him to prove me wrong but just don’t see it happening. 

He's still nowhere near good enough from 120 and in.

There is no point in him bombing it out there when his wedge play and short game, at this level, is shite

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's still nowhere near good enough from 120 and in.

There is no point in him bombing it out there when his wedge play and short game, at this level, is shite

Totally agree his game near the greens is dreadful. He should reflect that a level par round today would have had him only 5 shots behind. To me he looks distracted on the course. The 10th hole summed it up for me. Both he and Scheffler hit great 2nd shots. Rory misses a very makeable putt and of course Scheffler makes his. Scheffler is miles ahead of Rory atm.

Ole Ole Ole Ole 

Jose Maria makes the cut I was watching his round via the app and was gutted he fell away but delighted it was a traditional Masters carnage day,that hasn't been seen for a few years,and the cut line went to 6

As I mentioned before if you make the cut you have a chance