Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've turned the DP Tour on to find Ferguson 3 ahead with 3 to play. If he loses from here I'll take the blame 😬

1 minute ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

I’ve been watching but refraining from posting but with Smith in the water it’s hopefully 🤞 Ferguson’s.

Jinxing b*****ds. Hopefully not though.

Great to see at least one Scottish sporting success in Munich this past month......

Thats five Scots in the Open now.....hopefully more after next weeks Scottish Open

Just watched his interview and I'm delighted for him. Shows how much golf can toy with you emotionally. Hope he kicks on for the rest of the season, would be great to have 1 or 2 more Scots kick on to the PGA in the next couple of years.

Davis Thompson looks incredibly confused for someone who is coasting to victory. You'd think he'd just been introduced to the game of golf for the first time in his life at times. 

Posted (edited)

Got 50/1 on Robert Mcintyre at Ladbrokes last week, I know that McIntyre has played the best links course in the UK Macrihanish numerous times so he should be able to manage Troon well enough.

Edited by SandyCromarty

I did wonder why neither Ferguson nor Syme were entered into Final Qualifying for the Open last week, but I think they'll both feel pretty vindicated - Ferguson back himself to get his spot through last/this week and came up trumps, and Syme plays himself back into form in time for Renaissance after a couple of missed cuts, as well as giving himself a really good chance of tying up his spot in the end of season Tour Play-Offs.

Syme has now amassed over €3m on Tour while remaining winless - not bad earnings for a journeyman pro.

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Got 50/1 on Robert Mcintyre at Ladbrokes last week, I know that McIntyre has played the best links course in the UK Macrihanish numerous times so he should be able to manage Troon well enough.

I got 70/1 just before he won the Canadian, got a £10 e/w on for Troon.

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I got 70/1 just before he won the Canadian, got a £10 e/w on for Troon.

Well done, I've went e/w as well, got a good return on the Scottish with him so I'm hoping the same at Troon.

Edited by SandyCromarty

My account is with Ladbrokes and so far they have no price on Ewan Ferguson but I see Hills have him at 150/1 which is fair considering he's in with the big boys for the Open and he qualified with his win at Munich.

I’ll predict that’s a better choice than Tiger ever would have been. Competitive RC player, seems to care about the format, still involved at the top end of the game regularly and is also apparently a local to Bethpage. Was hoping it was going to be Tiger and he would’ve sulked his way through it while picking his mates (Thomas etc)