Golfers Thread

Gaz

Kids asking for balls etc as soon as a player walks off a green is up there with the arse holes that bring “can I have your shirt” signs to the football 

24 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Kids asking for balls etc as soon as a player walks off a green is up there with the arse holes that bring “can I have your shirt” signs to the football 

Well said. Wee kunts will go home having hoovered up enough Pro V 1s to keep Shane Lowry going at the 11th. I’d give my ball or glove to anyone bar those baying wee fcukers.

I’m in a mood. 🙃

Niemann's 8 at the Postage Stamp was a work of art.

Nothing like a Links course in the wind to expose the deficiencies in anybodies game.

I see Lowry is claiming he didn’t know you could hit a provisional and then declare your first one lost

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/40597073/shane-lowry-moves-cameraman-distraction-lead-open

"I hit a great provisional," Lowry said. "The referee asked me going down, did I want to find my first one, and I said no. So I assumed that was OK. Then we get down there and somebody had found it. So apparently we have to find it then or you have to go and identify it. I thought if you declared it lost before it was found, you didn't have to go and identify it."

Maybe he should have been watching the screens all week, given that has been a question on rotation in their rules quiz.

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

91 posted by the winner of last year's Japanese open 

Screenshot_20240719-170958.png

I tried to make head or tail of the two 9s on the shot tracker. Native areas and penalty shots aplenty on 13, 4 to get out the greenside bunker on 14.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I see Lowry is claiming he didn’t know you could hit a provisional and then declare your first one lost

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/40597073/shane-lowry-moves-cameraman-distraction-lead-open

Maybe he should have been watching the screens all week, given that has been a question on rotation in their rules quiz.

I find it astonishing that top pros (and their caddies) don't know the rules as well as a decent percentage of club golfers.

We semi-jokingly declare "This is NOT a provisional" for a reload when a ball's in the deep sh*t to make our intentions perfectly clear.

This course and wind is exposing the modern day golfer that can only hit a cut .This is so much better than a juiced up Us open/Masters with the subair system making the greens at Mach 50 

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's not rocket science, when you state you are hitting a provisional you are acknowledging that your ball might still be in play. 

39 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

I find it astonishing that top pros (and their caddies) don't know the rules as well as a decent percentage of club golfers.

We semi-jokingly declare "This is NOT a provisional" for a reload when a ball's in the deep sh*t to make our intentions perfectly clear.

There’s no way he didn’t know that rule. He was at it, but very little will be made of it because he’s a golden boy.

Have I mentioned before that I really don’t like him?

Think one of the things that shows up when the wind blows is that lots of modern players just can't keep the ball low. DeChambeau said himself last night he needs to figure out a way to get a lower ball flight.