Golfers Thread

Gaz

Pretty sad to see Daly now such a shambling mess. He was my golfing hero in the early to mid 90s. 
At the USPGA he had his motorhome parked up at a nearby Hooters restaurant and makes a bit of extra cash by selling off signed merchandise. Sad indeed.

Just now, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
Pretty sad to see Daly now such a shambling mess. He was my golfing hero in the early to mid 90s. 

At the USPGA he had his motorhome parked up at a nearby Hooters restaurant and makes a bit of extra cash by selling off signed merchandise. Sad indeed.

He's like a Tin Cup character now. Fucking hell. 

Forrest shoots 65 today to put himself in contention for an Open spot. He'll need another good round tomorrow.
Johnston shot 76 today so way out of things now.
Forrest is 2 under through 5 holes and is currently in the third Open spot, early days though and plenty of low scores out there so he probably needs to go a few shots lower still.

Usual shite coverage from Sky, Forrest is playing with Rahm who is now leading, but we hardly see Grant hitting a shot. He needs at least 1 birdie at the moment with 3 to play, he's had 2 birdie efforts lip out too.

Forrest pars 18 to end up tied 13th, still a good week but a disappointing last few holes. Should be a 6 figure cheque. Rahm hits 62 and looks like being the winner.

Is this the last week of qualifying for the Open??

Looking to start playing golf in Aberdeen. 
Any recommendations on where to start/where to avoid?
I've got nae golf pals up here so would likely be on my tod, any friendly clubs around these parts?
I only started getting back into it a year ago. Got some second hand clubs off Gumtree, went to the driving range and hit a few balls there to get back into it. After that I've played a few municipal courses with a pal and sometimes just myself ideally at quiet times as I still feel like I'm being watched and judged even though I've observed plenty of equally bad shots as mine!

Stonehaven is meant to be a very friendly place to play but it also looks very challenging with a number of holes running along the coast.

I'd suggest trying out the driving range at King's Links first, see how you get on and if you like it try a round at some of the council courses.

Just under €95k for Forrest today that lifts him to 71st on the Road to Dubai rankings, one place above Scott Jamieson.

Other Scots in the top 100 at the moment are McIntyre at 18th, Drysdale at 54th, Law at 57th, Gallacher at 65th and Ramsay at 91st.

Looks a good field for the Scottish Open next week. Mcilroy, Justin Thomas, Rickie Fowler, kuchar, Poulter, Westwood, Fitzpatrick and Stenson all in the field according to the entry list. Els and Kaymer as well! Pity it’s so far away from Arbroath