Golfers Thread

Gaz

I am here for Americans not knowing how to pronounce Berwick all next week.
Bryson DeSoSlow in the clubhouse at -20 with the two rookies a shot behind him and the par 5 18th to play
And Wolff holes a monster from off the green for eagle to win it, with Morikawa's putt just slipping by for the tie.

Yes 3 places available at Scottish Open. Top 3 players not already exempt who finish in top 10 and ties.
Also 1 place up for grabs at the John Deere on the PGA Tour next weekend. The thing I like most about the John Deere is the wee tractors they use for the tee markers. [emoji23]

47 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Also 1 place up for grabs at the John Deere on the PGA Tour next weekend. The thing I like most about the John Deere is the wee tractors they use for the tee markers. emoji23.png

DeChambeau had eagled the same hole minutes earlier and was high-fiving/fist-bumping everyone in the vicinity. His coupon when Wolff holed out was a picture 😂

The R&A really getting into the local ‘kulchur’..........🤢

https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/7/8/about-that-sound-of-drums-youll-hear-saturday-at-the-open

A taster.....”The William King Memorial band start proceedings, followed in half‑hour slots by the Derryloran Boyne Defenders, Dunloy Accordion, Ballykeel Loyal Sons of Ulster and Moneyslane Flute Band. The Drumderg Loyalists will round things off from 9pm. The Sons of Ulster will then march to an Orange hall. There is naturally a comedic, ludicrous undertone to this in 2019 but when placed on the Open’s doorstep it is a horrendously embarrassing look.”

The R&A really getting into the local ‘kulchur’..........🤢

https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/7/8/about-that-sound-of-drums-youll-hear-saturday-at-the-open

A taster.....”The William King Memorial band start proceedings, followed in half‑hour slots by the Derryloran Boyne Defenders, Dunloy Accordion, Ballykeel Loyal Sons of Ulster and Moneyslane Flute Band. The Drumderg Loyalists will round things off from 9pm. The Sons of Ulster will then march to an Orange hall. There is naturally a comedic, ludicrous undertone to this in 2019 but when placed on the Open’s doorstep it is a horrendously embarrassing look.”

Oh FFS 🥁[emoji102][emoji30]

Daly confirms he won't play the Open, and will likely play in the Barbasol Championship instead.

Todd Hamilton withdrew yesterday, giving Joaquin Niemann a spot, and Daly pulling out lets Kevin Streelman in. Next 3 reserves are Rory Sabatini, Brian Harman and Martin Kaymer. Kaymer's 5 year exemption for winning the 2014 US Open expired last month.

Robert McIntyre has been drawn to play with Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler at this week's Scottish Open, teeing off at 1.40 on Thursday and 8.40 on Friday.

A bit hypocritical of me to say this as I  won't be going, but I hope that the Scottish Open gets some decent crowds for once this year as it never seems that well attended given the quality of field. Probably partly because of the fact that the Open is often in Scotland the week after right enough.

Some draw for McIntyre, hopefully he can pick up some tips as he looks our best prospect for a while.

Daly confirms he won't play the Open, and will likely play in the Barbasol Championship instead.

Todd Hamilton withdrew yesterday, giving Joaquin Niemann a spot, and Daly pulling out lets Kevin Streelman in. Next 3 reserves are Rory Sabatini, Brian Harman and Patrick Kaymer. Kaymer's 5 year exemption for winning the 2014 US Open expired last month.

Robert McIntyre has been drawn to play with Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler at this week's Scottish Open, teeing off at 1.40 on Thursday and 8.40 on Friday.

You mean Martin Kaymer aye?

You mean Martin Kaymer aye?
Aye, him as well. [emoji23]

It was strange on Sunday during the closing stages of the Irish Open, he was never mentioned as being in contention for one of the Open spots despite clearly not having the Open logo next to his name on the graphics, it was as if the commentary team had assumed it was a mistake or something.

Kaymer has really lost his way over the last few years. I thought he would win about half a dozen majors in his career.
He seems to be slowly finding a bit of form but he's got a long road back to the top.

I think Kaymer was one of those players who decided to change an already successful swing in order to increase his chances of success at Augusta. At his best he was generally a fader of the ball but felt he needed to change such that his natural shape was a draw.

Really looking forward to The Open, Royal Portrush looks amazing......[emoji2]
Here’s a wee snippet of what the players can expect on the 2 new holes, narrow fairways and lots of rough........if the wind gets up it could be carnage.
https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/7/9/video-royal-portrushs-seventh-and-eighth-holes-rory-mcilroy-explains-how-to-play-them