Golfers Thread

Gaz

Justin Thomas who had the misfortune to be paired with him was visibly seething. Understandably so.
Good to see some pros finally calling him out on it, some interesting replies on this tweet with Eddie Pepperel, Luke Donald and Rich Beem among those criticising him.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Good to see some pros finally calling him out on it, some interesting replies on this tweet with Eddie Pepperel, Luke Donald and Rich Beem among those criticising him.

I hadn't seen the Wedge shot nonsense. Fucking hell that's ridiculous. 

Having said that, at least no one else has likely had to suffer 3 hours for the first 8 holes at Camperdown in Dundee. The Council used to have a thing called the Swilken Tournament there every year, with men, ladies and juniors all eligible to play. One year some daftie had the genius idea to put the ladies out first. Camperdown is a cracking challenge for a municipal course, but pretty hard going if you can barely hit the ball out of your own shadow. Things improved slightly on the back 9 but we ended up having a near 6 hour round, made all the more fun by me being on a deeply unpleasant comedown from a lively night out at DeStihls. It was a minor miracle that I didn't NR until the 16th. 

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Lifts Hill up to second in the rankings and he is looking very good for the top 15 finish needed to get his full tour card next year. Connor Syme still 7th.

Next week's tourney in Northern Ireland is a mixed event, Niall Horan's Modest! Golf company is behind it.

One more win and Hill gets direct entry into the European Tour without having to wait until the end of the season.

Liking the pile-on on DeChambeau, not only is he dreadful to watch, he appears to be a bellend as well.

He said he only goes over on about 5% of shots which means he has admitted to roughly 225 violations per year ...so work out the penalty strokes from there.

Arseholes like him make the game unbearable and sadly its crept into club golf.
I had a round up at the Carrick last year that took circa 6 hours thanks to the morons up ahead treating their rounds like the last day at the Open.
I detest slow players its killing the game, making people lose interest and the sooner they start disqualifying p***ks like him the better.

Didn’t the bellend refuse to shake hands after chucking a tournament away last season? He really is a class A w****r of the highest order

Didn’t the bellend refuse to shake hands after chucking a tournament away last season? He really is a class A w****r of the highest order
He blew up spectacularly in the last round in an event in Europe last season. I can't recall who won but fairly sure it was an English journeyman pro getting his first tour victory and DeChambeau stormed off at the end without shaking hands. I think he apologised afterwards but it was a poor show from him.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

It was in the European Open and Richard McEvoy was the winner. He did actually give the briefest of hand shakes but left the green immediately. He had to/did apologise afterwards.

Edit to add it was absolutely without class and thus no surprise at all.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

DeChambeau's response is pretty pathetic. Instead of taking it on the chin he just whines about being picked on and blames everyone else. c**t.

25 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Typical PGA.

Criticism is increasing out in the public domain and amongst some players  so let's do an utterly bland social media /news release. I'll believe they are serious about pace of play when a big name player in contention at a big event gets a penalty in terms of shots.