Golfers Thread

Gaz

Strange game for me today. Out in 41 which included a birdie two on 6th and a triple bogey 7 on the 7th. Three up at the turn and then stretched that two 5 up with six to play. Staggered along to get to 3 up with 3 to play. Lost 16th to a par then 17th to a birdie before managing to pitch and putt for a par on 18 to finish 2 up. Completely lost my rhythm on the back 9 and ended up being a bit fortunate to win.

Find the golf without crowds interesting. No grandstands and/or fans to stop wayward shots leading to players facing shots theyd never normally face, which is quite interesting.

Obviously things like Kangs ace last night are spoiled a bit by lack of crowd reaction.

Find the golf without crowds interesting. No grandstands and/or fans to stop wayward shots leading to players facing shots theyd never normally face, which is quite interesting.

Obviously things like Kangs ace last night are spoiled a bit by lack of crowd reaction.

But it’s so much better watching it without “GET IN THE HOLE” or “MASHED POTATOES” being screamed as they tee off on a 600 yard par 5.

Another very enjoyable 3 hour round today, scored bang on my handicap with 2 lost balls and a few other shots flung away. Consistency coming back, just need to cut out the daft shots.

Followed by dinner from the clubhouse kitchen, phone your order from the 16th tee and it's ready to collect just after you finish your round.

Another 3 hour round and finished about 5 minutes before the rain started. Won my match 5&4. More to do with opponent struggling though I had some good play too. Have played last couple of rounds of golf using my distance vision specs for the first time. Have been really struggling to see where ball ending up on long shots so thought I’d give it a try. Had a perfect view of ball disappearing out of bounds on 16th. [emoji23]. Thought I might struggle to get used to the change but managed ok.

But it’s so much better watching it without “GET IN THE HOLE” or “MASHED POTATOES” being screamed as they tee off on a 600 yard par 5.

While I agree it’s great to have none of the arseholes hollering their nonsense I felt the whole event felt a bit flat with no spectators.

While I agree it’s great to have none of the arseholes hollering their nonsense I felt the whole event felt a bit flat with no spectators.

I agree in part. Which is why they can’t play the Ryder Cup with no fans IMO. They add to the spectacle of the event.

Today's first tee conversation.

"You must be Calum, I'm Peasy23"

"Yeah, nice to meet you."

"New member?"

"Yeah, just joined last week."

"Were you a member somewhere else?"

"No, I haven't been a member anywhere for a while. I'm the head pro at Strathaven Golf Club." [emoji33]

43 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Today's first tee conversation.

"You must be Calum, I'm Peasy23"

"Yeah, nice to meet you."

"New member?"

"Yeah, just joined last week."

"Were you a member somewhere else?"

"No, I haven't been a member anywhere for a while. I'm the head pro at Strathaven Golf Club." emoji33.png

I grew up on Strathaven and my dad is a member there. Think he is quite new in post, how was he playing?

I grew up on Strathaven and my dad is a member there. Think he is quite new in post, how was he playing?

As you would expect, hits it for bloody miles. Short game was a bit rusty but he said he had only played 9 holes since the restart. Really nice guy, good company on the way round.

And you are right, he hasn't been there long.

Had my first lesson with the pro today.  Really enjoyed it and felt a benefit even after one lesson.  By the end, i'd stopped pushing it right and was hitting a nice 7 iron bang on 150yds with a nice gentle draw on it. 

Need to get out and practice now. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear