Golfers Thread

Gaz

20 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Can’t help but like Spieth, so many awful shots. And still puts a great round together

Listened to the latest McKellar Golf podcast with guest Pete Kostis. He has gone back to coaching after being unceremoniously bumped by CBS. He reckons a lot of Speith's problems come from him trying to hit the ball further.

Listened to the latest McKellar Golf podcast with guest Pete Kostis. He has gone back to coaching after being unceremoniously bumped by CBS. He reckons a lot of Speith's problems come from him trying to hit the ball further.

You hear the commentators talk about it being a common issue, and that makes Bryson’s recent history all the more impressive

You hear the commentators talk about it being a common issue, and that makes Bryson’s recent history all the more impressive
No fan of Bryson, but he was savvy enough to realise that extra speed on it's own would only get him minimal gains, the extra bulk has helped him no end.

Saw a stat the other day that Jimmy Walker was averaging 337 yards with his driver, but was only 13% accurate. The fact he is quite happy to bomb and gouge when missing so many fairways tells you all you need to know about the course set up.

i golfed again today and played really poorly.  My mate played well so i was well and truly beaten. Even when i played a hole well for a birdie 4 it still only got me a half. I finished reasonably with 3 straight pars but too little too late. Stupid game 😄

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Every time I saw him last year I thought he was the best of the 3 that broke through from college golf, Wolff and Hovland being the other 2.

Am I right and saying he hasn’t missed a cut in a ridiculous amount of tournaments?