Golfers Thread

Gaz

Syme finished T3, but will be disappointed after holding the 54 hole lead.

Sam Horsfield was impressive coming down the stretch, one bad tee shot from which he managed to save par, but he never looked like slipping up. His last 3 weeks have been win, missed cut, win, which nobody has ever done on consecutive weekends on the European Tour before.

7 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

What a stupid game this is. 

11 over front nine, level par back 9 for an 82-11 71 0.2 cut. 

Very, very close to playing good golf. Mentally miles, and miles away from putting  full 18 together. triple, double, triple 6, 7, 8 with a complete heads gone. Awful game.

Yep I hit the ball reasonably well today but ended up with a net 77. Lost a ball on 7th and again on 17th when both my partners were convinced we'd find them without trouble. Managed to salvage a double bogey on 7th but took 8 on 17th. Finished par, par, bogey, birdie, quadruple bogey, par. Stupid game.

Jim Herman wins the Wyndham Rewards. With 4 holes to go on Friday he was missing the cut, then birdied 3 of the last 4 holes to make the weekend. He then shot 61-69 over the weekend to beat Billy Horschel by 1.

Despite Wyndham offering huge bonuses, none of the Fedex leaders bothered their arses showing up, Justin Thomas trousering €2m sitting in the house.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

And sadly, Russell Knox slips out of the top 125 and misses out in the Fedex playoffs, but luckily will keep his card due to the PGA taking the decision that nobody would lose their card due to the curtailed season.

Pleased for Knox that he keeps his card. Always comes across as one of the good guys.

Since moving back to Scotland I’ve taken back up golf. Absolutely useless, however 1 lesson on the Trackman and what a difference it’s made already. 

A small correction to the start of my backswing Has taken my club path and face at impact from a wild number of degrees offline to being close to 0. Eradicated my slice that I’d developed and has me being able to hit my longer irons properly for the first time ever. That was 2 weeks ago, and I can feel I’m starting to slip back a bit, but got the next lesson next week and looking forward to seeing how we progress from here. 

Without doubt the best money I’ve spent in the last ~8 years playing golf (albeit infrequently). 

Since moving back to Scotland I’ve taken back up golf. Absolutely useless, however 1 lesson on the Trackman and what a difference it’s made already. 
A small correction to the start of my backswing Has taken my club path and face at impact from a wild number of degrees offline to being close to 0. Eradicated my slice that I’d developed and has me being able to hit my longer irons properly for the first time ever. That was 2 weeks ago, and I can feel I’m starting to slip back a bit, but got the next lesson next week and looking forward to seeing how we progress from here. 
Without doubt the best money I’ve spent in the last ~8 years playing golf (albeit infrequently). 

I’ve been on the trackman a few times and what a machine that is... my face at impact was like 3.4 and it was all because my backswing and follow through were at a ratio of 1-1 it’s not been changed to 1-3 and it’s helped massively.

On the range my distances are great but on the course they are slightly shorter and that’s what’s frustrating me! I know wind etc plays a part but being consistent with a club is proving a challenge

51 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

I’ve been on the trackman a few times and what a machine that is... my face at impact was like 3.4 and it was all because my backswing and follow through were at a ratio of 1-1 it’s not been changed to 1-3 and it’s helped massively.

On the range my distances are great but on the course they are slightly shorter and that’s what’s frustrating me! I know wind etc plays a part but being consistent with a club is proving a challenge

One of my swings recorded an absolutely frightening -10 swing path and +10 face at impact....you can imagine where that ball went!

At least if they’re semi consistently shorter on the course you can compensate for that. It’s a stupid game, incredibly frustrating, but when you catch the ball just right it keeps you coming back. 

One of my swings recorded an absolutely frightening -10 swing path and +10 face at impact....you can imagine where that ball went!
At least if they’re semi consistently shorter on the course you can compensate for that. It’s a stupid game, incredibly frustrating, but when you catch the ball just right it keeps you coming back. 

Hahaha I had a few like that but it helps you understand what exactly is going wrong so you have a a better gauge instead of guessing.

The worse I play the more I want to get out!! I played 66 on the front 9 after going par par, came in with 38, it would appear that the front 9 everything I’ve learnt about my rehearsal shot to my hand, sternum and feet positioning went right out the window. I took a 12 on a par 5 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Played at Lundin Links today. Played ok but 3 putted twice in first 3 holes. Good fun and clubhouse really well set up re social distancing etc.
I'm a member next door on leven, keep looking over the wall thinking that looks lovely

19 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Any link so I can sponsor you a few quid. Great effort and charity

It's not till Sept 8th. Was gonna stick the justgiving page up here at the end of the month when everyone has been paid. 

Cheers, every bit helps, I'll give you a shout.

Thought Leven looked good from the other side of the wall. My pal finished birdie, birdie today so was a very happy guy when we left.
Aye leven is nice, how much was lundin links for a round,
2 birdies that's a good way to finish a round