Golfers Thread

Gaz

Selling my Mizuno MP600 10'5 Driver. Comes with headcover and weight key. Thought i'd pop it in here incase anyone is looking for a new Driver £35 + p&p or can be collected in the West Lothian Area. Just ask for pics but its in great condition and only been used for maybe 20-25 rounds

First medal of the year for me yesterday (played one or two opens) at my new club...and I shoot a 85 for a nett 59! Handicap cut 3.2 down to 22.8. Chuffed as feck. Everything felt right and came together perfectly. Could have been lower had it not been for one four-putt and a couple of three-putts! But didn't want to be too greedy!

Since this cut last Sunday, I have played another two competitions which saw me cut a futher combined 1.4 so now down to 21.4

Hope I haven't peaked too early...

Edited by dazwesty89

Since this cut last Sunday, I have played another two competitions which saw me cut a futher combined 1.4 so now down to 21.4

Hope I haven't peaked too early...

Good shooting mate.

I'm playing some good golf but every week my concentration goes and I throw a couple of daft holes in.

Only managed one cut and a bucket load of buffers. Hopefully I can get a wee run of good scores strung together.

The weather ain't exactly helping either.

3 over in Saturday's medal. 99 for a net 74. Our CSS is usually 70 on a par 71 so really you have to shoot 2-under to get cut.

Was playing steadily for the first six holes, at two under. Then dropped a shot at each of the next four holes. Made two strokes back at the 12th and 13th but then a 7 at the 14th saw me two-over again. Got a net birdie on the 15th but then a double on the 16th saw me finish at 3-over.

I'm happy to be hitting buffer zone at this stage of the season, however - feel like I can build on it from here. Would love to get down to even 22 or 23 this season.

Are you a member at Balbirnie bud? I wouldn't mind getting out for the first time this year for a game, with me back playing football I haven't joined anywhere this season so wouldn't mind seeing how I fare.

I am indeed,im all right to play most days,just gies a shout when your free and ill get it booked

Could do thursday or Friday morning if your free? Next week could be a bit of a nightmare as im backshift.

earliest i can get thursday is 1107,im heading north on friday for a funeral :(

earliest i can get thursday is 1107,im heading north on friday for a funeral :(

Im up for that if its still available, im nightshif tomorrow anyway so have the day to myself, unsure what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow morning right enough.

How much is it for a round with a member?

Im up for that if its still available, im nightshif tomorrow anyway so have the day to myself, unsure what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow morning right enough.

How much is it for a round with a member?

cool,think the weather is meant to be ok,12 quid i think,ill see you at the pro shop quarter to 11 ish or up at non members parking

cool,think the weather is meant to be ok,12 quid i think,ill see you at the pro shop quarter to 11 ish or up at non members parking

Sounds good bud see you then.

I work Monday to Friday but if I'm ever off I would be happy to sort a knock around Thornton or join you guys elsewhere.

No probs i think we are heading back out next friday again and was a decent day for us both.My driving was really good just a pity about my irons seem to tugging them all left a bit,and dazzle played fine for somebody that hasnt played for 6 months

Took up the game this year (joined a club in march) after years of thinking about it. I hit enough decent shots in a round to keep me interested but im very inconsistent (as you'd expect with a beginner I suppose). Not played that many full rounds yet but last week I scored 117 (89). My first goal is to complete a round with no 9s on the card, then no 8s etc.

How long from starting did it take the rest of you to get 'better'?