Golfers Thread

Gaz

Down in four from 50 yards. Welcome to our world Tiger. 
That's where I think he struggles, that 3rd shot was woeful. It's ok hitting drivers and irons on the range, but I can't see how he can quickly get the feel for those type of shots.

Niemann not fazed by playing alongside him so far.

Great opportunity for birdie at 8th hole....about 4 foot putt.  The masters leaderboard is great in that when you click on players name you can see all their shots....not absolutely live but very soon after.

ETA - meant McIntyre...was about 3 foot and missed it

Edited by Caledonian1

Just seeing Matsuyama at +1 there, wondering if he could become a champion who missed the cut the following year. Doubt he will be tbh, but it's always an interesting one.

I had a quick google to see who had done it at Augusta, and there are actually some surprising names on the list, including the greatest Major and Masters champion of all, who was actually the first to suffer the embarrassment. Not only that, but Jack had actually won two years in a row when he shat the bed.

Jack Nicklaus  - Missed the cut in 1967 after winning in 1965 and 1966

Tommy Aaron - 1974.

Seve Ballesteros - Missed the cut both times he was defending champion, in 1981 and 1984

Sandy Lyle -  1989

Ben Crenshaw - 1996

Nick Faldo - 1997. In 1996, he was -12 in winning, he missed the cut the following year on +12

Jose Maria Olazabal - 2000

Mike Weir - First lefty winner in 2003, first lefty defending champ to miss the cut in 2004

Danny Willett - Missing the cut in 2017 was significantly less surprising than his win in 2016

Sergio Garcia - Also no real surprise in 2018, considering he pretty much seemed like he had been on the piss since winning in 2017

Dustin Johnson - 2021, but also the shortest gap between win and cut miss, since he won in November 2020.

Also why are the crowd called patrons, are they all like non playing members of the club?

Like so many things it's "tradition" some like the honorary starters are great some are a bit silly

10 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Like so many things it's "tradition" some like the honorary starters are great some are a bit silly

Everything about Augusta National screams ‘elite, posh, old school, clique’ - however you term it. However, their patrons at least allow me to sit down and watch four days of magnificent TV without having to endure the ‘mashed potato! Go in the hole! You’re the man! Booga Woogaahhh!’ crowd of arsehole Americans.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Everything about Augusta National screams ‘elite, posh, old school, clique’ - however you term it. However, their patrons at least allow me to sit down and watch four days of magnificent TV without having to endure the ‘mashed potato! Go in the hole! You’re the man! Booga Woogaahhh!’ crowd of arsehole Americans.

No sitting down on the grass though