Golfers Thread

Gaz

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Scheffler out of position on 13 and 15 but still birdies both.

I was just talking to my pal about the difficulty of this course, and used the amount of bogies at par 5s as an example. I was literally in the middle of saying how the bad shots at Augusta par 5s are punished, just as Scheffler sliced his approach shot into a bunch of cameramen, then chipped his third to 6 feet. 

I think the point still stands though, it’s quite rare to see a bogie at a par 5 during standard PGA Tour events, and even a par is seen as a dropped shot. Bit different at Augusta when you’ve got 520 yard par 4s to deal with, and 3 putting is a very distinct possibility. 

I have quite an irrational dislike for Danny Willett and am enjoying this semi (steady) meltdown he is having

Nothing irrational about it, he’s a total arsehole.

The commentators are obviously a bit ott, but genuinely incredible stuff from Woods to so comfortably make the cut considering he’s 46, hasn’t played in 18 months and has 1/3rd of a working leg.

Hopefully Thomas can rescue out of this fairway bunker to stay in the red and keep my e/w on him and zalatoris in decent shape.

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

What a comedown that is. Thought I heard the guys on Sky say he was due to be paired with Tiger. Genuinely gutted for him. 

Westwood will spend half the round trying to get him to sign up for the Saudi Golf League. 

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Westwood will spend half the round trying to get him to sign up for the Saudi Golf League. 

It’s actually put a dampener on todays golf that he’s not out with Woods, I was looking forward to watching him getting plenty of TV coverage. 

Hopefully by the end of play today Scheffler hasn’t ran away with it, but the form he’s been in I can’t see him blowing up, so someone is going to need to make a move. I do have £20 on Scheffler so it’s not all bad, but I would rather see him win with a bit of a challenge.