Golfers Thread

Gaz

Early stages of planning for our regular August golf trip. Recent years been up to play Castle Stuart, Nairn, Nairn Dunbar, Moray (Old and New) plus Elgin. 

This year thinking of basing our 4 in Banff and possibly playing Duff House Royal, Cullen, Royal Tarlair.

Be interested in any info on these courses (plus others in the area), hotels and places to eat. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Early stages of planning for our regular August golf trip. Recent years been up to play Castle Stuart, Nairn, Nairn Dunbar, Moray (Old and New) plus Elgin. 

This year thinking of basing our 4 in Banff and possibly playing Duff House Royal, Cullen, Royal Tarlair.

Be interested in any info on these courses (plus others in the area), hotels and places to eat. 

Banff Springs Hotel was always good for food when I used to go up that way, but haven’t been for the best part of a decade. 

14 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Don'y play Tarlair if you are heading to Banff - its a terrible course.  Far better playing the likes of Fraserburgh or heading west and playing Moray

Can we claim a Scottish double win this weekend?

Liam Johnston won by 2 shots on the Challenge Tour in Spain.

Linn Grant is 9 clear with 4 to play in the Scandinavian Mixed on the DPW Tour, her grandfather James was Scottish Boys champion before emigrating to Sweden. Marc Warren is second.

Linn Grant is 9 clear with 4 to play in the Scandinavian Mixed on the DPW Tour, her grandfather James was Scottish Boys champion before emigrating to Sweden. Marc Warren is second.
Absolutely. Magnificent performance by her. Think having women in men's tournaments,with the obvious reasonable adjustments, is a great idea.

18 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Chuck in Fraserburgh/peterhead (really good old style links courses)also meldrum house but a bit more towards Aberdeen and I've heard the Knowles hotel in Macduff is good but plenty small b@bs in Banff/Macduff as been mentioned Banff Springs but a bit of a walk(and a hill) if you are going into town for a couple of pints in the evening

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Can someone clear this up for me. Are the players who played the Liv golf this week now banned from playing in the US Open this upcoming week? 

No, they are allowed to play. The USGA said they would stick by their existing qualification rules.

The PGA Tour's biggest problem in all of this is that they don't control any if the majors.

Edited by peasy23

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I did think her name was a bit unusual for a Swede. 

That result for Warren has come from absolutely nowhere. He's run up some horrendous numbers this season. 

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I did think her name was a bit unusual for a Swede. 

That result for Warren has come from absolutely nowhere. He's run up some horrendous numbers this season. 

Just looking at the OWGR, this is week 24 of 2022, that was only the 4th cut he has made since week 30 last year. In that time he has gone from 211th to 562nd.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Can someone clear this up for me. Are the players who played the Liv golf this week now banned from playing in the US Open this upcoming week? 

This was the USGA statement.

20220612_183956.jpg.b3df01dfaf21cb3631caf84c2fccc15d.jpg

A few weeks ago I played 9 holes with my brother, who took up golf last year and is now playing a couple of times a week. It was the first time I had played since last year and I shot 43 while my brother had a nightmare 60.

We went back out for 9 holes today and I went round in 43 again while he shot a 39. Some turnaround in the space of a month...