Golfers Thread

Gaz

5 hours ago, edthebaw said:

Why ?

Because the Men's Championship tees are set up for the average male Tour pro who hits the driver 325+ yards. The Women's Championship Tees will be set up for the average female Tour Pro who hits the driver 280+yards. Ideally this means both will be on a similar level when it comes to approach play, making it a fair contest. 

I'm sure all the golfers playing this week will unite in criticism of the USGA once again ruining a course by the way it is set up.

Thick rough. Check

Comically fast greens. Check.

Then whatever the f**k this is all about.

A story I had missed was that most, if not all, of the LIV players who aren't already European Tour members are hoping that they'll be able to join the European Tour and play a few events on tour for ranking points as well as their LIV schedule. 

Interesting that the European Tour has still not made any comment on what action they intend to take. You'd think the PGA tour are strongly encouraging them to follow their lead. 

Played in the first round of the club Pairs/doubles comp tonight. 2 down with 3 to play me and my partner rattled off 3 straight holes to win 1 Up!!

I also sank a 15 footer on 15 to half the hole and stop it becoming Dormie 3! 

Just waiting on old Greg to give me a call…..

On 13/06/2022 at 22:34, Ro Sham Bo said:

A story I had missed was that most, if not all, of the LIV players who aren't already European Tour members are hoping that they'll be able to join the European Tour and play a few events on tour for ranking points as well as their LIV schedule. 

Interesting that the European Tour has still not made any comment on what action they intend to take. You'd think the PGA tour are strongly encouraging them to follow their lead. 

Rumours that the LIV might attempt to buy the DP World Tour lock, stock and barrel. That would be a huge game changer.

Next time you hit a run of shots and haven't a fucking clue why you are suddenly hooking/slicing it, take some comfort in the knowledge that it can happen to a top pro too.

Edited by peasy23

35 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Next time you hit a run of shots and haven't a fucking why you are suddenly hooking/slicing it, take some comfort in the knowledge that it can happen to a top pro too.

I'm a 22 handicapper and last two rounds I've hit an 87 and an 89. No idea how. I'm usually mid 90's (round before that I went out in 59 and came back in 40. No idea what is happening but as Saints and Greavsie used to say 'Its a strange old sport'.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Rumours that the LIV might attempt to buy the DP World Tour lock, stock and barrel. That would be a huge game changer.

If they "bought" in to the DP world tour in the first place there wouldn't have been so much of a stramash over it ie kept 4 day format etc and same schedule just upped the prize cash and the best players would follow the wonga