Golfers Thread

Gaz

19 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

More likely to be Smith and Young out last. Rory will need to get to 12 under to be in the final group. 

I might have McGinlay-ed Rory. He was in the driver's seat when I posted that!

Good finish from Young.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Would love to see Morikawa birdie the last 2 and make the cut, if only because it keeps that fat fud Darren Clarke as the last defending champ to miss it.

I thought it was just me that didn’t like that fat twat. A truly awful Ryder cup captain as well 

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv heard 4 “Light the candle” as the marquee group are teeing off on 17. 

I want all those p***ks to take a massive kicking. 

Yeah I've heard a few of those this week so far, and not all from Americans either. 

Almost makes me glad I didn't get a ticket. 

Been an enjoyable day and all set up for a classic major championship weekend. Highs and lows in the same breath earlier today - ‘Welcome to the advert free hour’s coverage sponsored by Rolex… and joining me for the next hour, Paul McGinley’.

17 minutes ago, printer said:

Really enjoyed that today. Top six looking tasty for the weekend. Nothing quite like an Open at St. Andrews. 

Nah mate, I'd far rather watch the best players in the world struggling to get to par hacking it out of knee-length, soaking wet rough. That's a far better test of golf.

On a serious note, I always feel that the cut being at level par is generally a good indicator that the set-up is right. Score well, you make the weekend.