Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Welcome to the Rolex hour live from the Glasgow Open at Knightswood Municipal…. Radar, what have you got for us?… Yes, I’m here right behind the 4th green of the magnificent Knightswood Golf & Country club. The player is facing a tricky twelve-footer here, but a wonderful shot in to this small green, well protected by a bridge on the left and trees to the right and behind… looks like he’ll need to allow two feet of break on this one, with the cup well guarded by a large tuft of thick grass and a discarded Irn Bru can.

My dad learned to play on Knightswood Municipal back in the day; strangely enough he's never taken me to relive it!

11 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

My dad learned to play on Knightswood Municipal back in the day; strangely enough he's never taken me to relive it!

It's been 20+ years since i played it, but it wasn't the worst course in the world.  They've rejigged the hole order, I believe with the old 9th now being the 1st.

13 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Not watched any live yet but apparently the crowd is bad/non existent? Is this true or just twitter being twitter 

I watched a fair whack of it yesterday and didn’t really notice the lack of crowd, if anything I thought it was nice not to hear the usual chads shouting daft nonsense when players were teeing off.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I watched a fair whack of it yesterday and didn’t really notice the lack of crowd, if anything I thought it was nice not to hear the usual chads shouting daft nonsense when players were teeing off.

Agree. The lack of the ‘go in the hole, you’re the man, mashed potato, what the fcuk is that Hibs shirt sponsor all about’ crowd is frankly, for the watching British golf fan, a blessing.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Agree. The lack of the ‘go in the hole, you’re the man, mashed potato, what the fcuk is that Hibs shirt sponsor all about’ crowd is frankly, for the watching British golf fan, a blessing.

Admit it though...  You miss a little bit of BABA BOOOOOEY!!!!!! 

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

2 x  "feck" and a "dumbass!" from Brian Harman as he misses a very makeable putt. 

Am I alone in thinking Rich Beem's schtick is annoying as f*ck? 

Nah. I’m a big Rich Beem fan. 

4 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Not watched any live yet but apparently the crowd is bad/non existent? Is this true or just twitter being twitter 

Apparently most of the tickets went to members of LACC and "corporate partners". Only 4000 per day for Joe public (@ 300 bucks each!) and a lot of the small grandstands and the 1st tee are off limits to public ticketholders. 

And here was me thinking the R&A were bad when they banned folk from leaving the Open and coming back in so they could price gouge on their terrible catering...