Golfers Thread

Gaz

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

With the weather meant be up later in the day hopefully boab and Rickie can make a move upwards today 

Yeah the field (apart from Harman) is so tight that there's a chance for early starters to make a good move. 

A couple of opens ago Bob got through on the cut mark and ended up in the top 10. He might not manage that again but no reason not to be aiming for a top 20 and some more useful Ryder Cup points. 

There’s a lot of ‘good cunts’ from across the pond. As mentioned, guys like Spieth, Fowler, Finau all seem pretty sound. I like DeChambeau, he got a lot of stick for bulking up and bringing ‘the science’ into golf, but he won a major not long after so fair play to him. Has he actually said or done anything that makes him an arsehole? I can’t remember anything of note. 

On this side of the pond, guys like Poulter and Westwood seem like they’d be absolute fuds who you’d like to headbutt in the clubhouse after your round. It’s pleasing that neither of them have won a major.  I also have this weird hatred of Shane Lowry. He just seems like a scruffy, fat wanker. He’s probably pretty sound in person. I just hate the way he looks. 

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

On this side of the pond, guys like Poulter and Westwood seem like they’d be absolute fuds who you’d like to headbutt in the clubhouse after your round. It’s pleasing that neither of them have won a major.  I also have this weird hatred of Shane Lowry. He just seems like a scruffy, fat w****r. He’s probably pretty sound in person. I just hate the way he looks. 

Read Lowry is one of the nicest guys on tour. I also like Bryson but come to the conclusion I like a lot of the guys a lot of folk don’t 😂

DeChambeau had a lot of issues with slow play which drives me mad.  There was a pretty astonishing outburst at a cameraman on a Tour event, where he had a bit of a moment after a bad shot and them said they need to stop filming him to “protect the brand”.

I think a big part of the dislike for me is that in bulking up and going for distance, he attracted a lot of fellow roid rage fans at events.  American fans (gross generality) can be arseholes at the best of times but his were the worst.

The thing that marked DeChambeau out for me was when he played in a European Tour event somewhere a few years back and he was beaten by a random English journeyman pro in his 40s who'd never won an event before (can't remember the name of the guy). After the final hole DeChambeau just stormed off in the huff without shaking the guy's hand. I think he apologised later but the damage was done. 

This was pre Covid so before his bulking up. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The thing that marked DeChambeau out for me was when he played in a European Tour event somewhere a few years back and he was beaten by a random English journeyman pro in his 40s who'd never won an event before (can't remember the name of the guy). After the final hole DeChambeau just stormed off in the huff without shaking the guy's hand. I think he apologised later but the damage was done. 

This was pre Covid so before his bulking up. 

Jordan Smith at the Porsche open I think 

I always find it a bit strange watching grown ass men excitedly sprinting towards a ball that’s just landed in the rough and crowding round it with gleeful smiles on their face like it’s a fucking pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I mean fair enough going over for a wee swatch but calm doon!

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I always find it a bit strange watching grown ass men excitedly sprinting towards a ball that’s just landed in the rough and crowding round it with gleeful smiles on their face like it’s a fucking pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I mean fair enough going over for a wee swatch but calm doon!

Then get their phone out and film the full swing and reaction without looking where the ball goes. Watch the video once then never again.