Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, Herc said:

Can only echo the comments above about the shouting. It's got more frequent in the US and its now drifting into xenophobia and racism over here and personal abuse at Harman. Fucking grim stuff.

Hopefully it's not too bad at the Ryder Cup this year, but the next one will be at Bethpage Black with thousands of pissed up New Yorkers. Could be an utter shitshow.

Would quite like to see the Lazio or Roma ultras to turn up at the Marco Simeone. See how the Yanks like it 

It pisses me off that these guys can go so far wide off the tee and still get free relief because of a stand. 

Salt and pepper chips shouted as Scheffler hit there. Get that c**t out pronto 

Edited by lichtie23

Who are these people that do the shouting, iv never heard anyone ever say they think it's funny yet there still seems to be some w**k following every group doing it. 

It should result in immediate ejection from the course! Wouldn't get it at Augusta! 

Other golf fans need to police it. If you're stood next to a guy shouting mashed potato or some other braindead nonsense just punch them in the face, boot them in the pie or tell them to shut the f**k up (all 3 if you like). If enough folk start getting shit for it hopefully it'll stop. After viewing @Bring Back Paddy Flannery dish out some telts to 3 wee fannies who wouldn't stop squealing at the fitba yesterday I'd say he should head the Patrol Team. 

I'm not even against Harman winning, I just want it to be in the balance going into the final couple of holes. 

I know players have run up 8s and 9s on the 18th and the talk is no lead is safe going up the last, but if you're 3 or 4 shots ahead on the 18th tee you just hit three 6 irons and take all the danger out of it. 

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

After viewing @Bring Back Paddy Flannery dish out some telts to 3 wee fannies who wouldn't stop squealing at the fitba yesterday I'd say he should head the Patrol Team. 

One of my authoritive “fuckin’ shutup” shouts would scare any man, woman or child into silence.

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm not even against Harman winning, I just want it to be in the balance going into the final couple of holes. 

I know players have run up 8s and 9s on the 18th and the talk is no lead is safe going up the last, but if you're 3 or 4 shots ahead on the 18th tee you just hit three 6 irons and take all the danger out of it. 

Agreed - a boring procession is the last thing we want in an Open final round. And, all the talk about the dangerous last two holes ignores the fact that Harman is one of, if not the, steadiest, straightest players in the field; he's not going OB there.  That steadiness, and not missing a single one of his 44 putts from 10ft and in (!!!) this week is why he is so far ahead.  A stronger breeze today might also have made him more likely to fall back I think.

PS The Sky coverage of players sitting in the back of their courtesy cars en route to the course is a truly terrible idea.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I've also noticed that when certain players were driving there was a huge roar and applause fron the crowd around the tee, even when they fucked it 30 yards wide into the rough. 

Yeah. I’ve noticed players hitting a drive and almost immediately loads of people shouting and cheering “great shot - awesome - blah blah”.

The ball flies through the air going directly into a fcuking bunker. These eejits huvnae a clue.

We should send the P&B golf crew down with baseball bats and batter these cnuts. 

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Yeah. I’ve noticed players hitting a drive and almost immediately loads of people shouting and cheering “great shot - awesome - blah blah”.

The ball flies through the air going directly into a fcuking bunker. These eejits huvnae a clue.

We should send the P&B golf crew down with baseball bats and batter these cnuts. 

Fleetwood and McIlroy looked pretty peeved at times yesterday when they hit bad tee shots but these fuckwits are roaring and cheering.

Harman cruising it, the spectator behaviour and some below par coverage by (the usually excellent tbf) Sky Sports has made this one of the worst Opens in a while.

Can’t Sky simply have someone back in the studio with a big red button which they press the instant a player hits a tee shot? The big red button mutes the ‘mashed potato salt & pepper chips’ kunts initial shouts and briefly masks it with canned applause or general cheers of approval. Surely all they need to do is use the red button they employ at Old Firm minute’s silences. Piece of piss to re-wire it. With automation today, no need to actually employ someone to sit and physically hit the button. Just have AI programmed to kick in the second bullshit is detected. Mind you, that could cause issues when McGinley is in the commentary box telling us Rory can still win this, when he’s +15 in a tournament.