Darts...

Sideshow

Whats the thoughts on the lassie beating this Dutch character?

How good is he?

Shes is 2/1 at the bookies and thinking about backing her.

Hes better than the rest of the qualifiers and better than her, but he may be susceptible to major nerves against a woman, decent odds tho

Is there any reason why a woman shouldn't be as good as a man at darts ?

no, shes better than some of the other players in the qualifiers, shes unlucky to get drawn against the strongest of them.

I hope she does win, itll shut Bristow up for one thing, well it might not shut him up, it would take a miracle for that id say.

Is there any reason why a woman shouldn't be as good as a man at darts ?

Well no, but the best average for a women at the Lakeside in January last year was like 81, which is utter pish for a male professional. The way I see it, its a cheap publicity stunt and no more.

Edited by MTJ

Why are they all wearing black bands?

Probably to commemorate one of the main board markers who died on Wednesday there, i noticed one guy had his on the back of his collar earlier, must have bothered him on his sleeve??

EDIT: http://www.planetdarts.tv/page/NewsdeskDet...1491892,00.html

Edited by tigerton

Well no, but the best average for a women at the Lakeside in January last year was like 81, which is utter pish for a male professional. The way I see it, its a cheap publicity stunt and no more.

Yes, not that she ever won, and she isn't as good as Trina Gulliver or Anastasia Dobromolskaya (or whatever it is) but I've played against Anne Kirk in a few local friendly events and won every time. She's been a world championship runner up. I play pub darts. :rolleyes:

Why are they all wearing black bands?

I had been wondering that too.

The players' marshall died. Eddie Cox was the name ? That's the reason for the armbands.

EDIT : How will the Morton guys know ? I just remember seeing him in the Frankfurt tournament and thinking "JAZZ HANDS !!"

Edited by DomDom