Darts...

Sideshow

As recently as Thursday that 'tbc' player was listed as the Indian qualifier on the planetdarts website, but they changed it to 'tbc', so something's clearly in the pipeline. Suppose we'll find out tomorrow when the draw is live on Sky Sports News at 2.30pm.

Is the draw tomorrow?

That was a great final, shame Adams won it, but some great darts!

BDO Darts coverage did look poor when showing the banter in the crowd compared to boisterous PDC having been to both tournies though i enjoy BDO more! Having Setanta on board maybe the start of better money and coverage for the BDO and I hope that it does as I have always enjoyed BDO stuff even though players from the PDC take the mickey out of the guys at the BDO, I wish they would both merge though!!

The British Darts Organisation regrets to announce that it has been informed in writing today, that from Monday December 8th Anastasia Dobromyslova is no longer a playing member of the BDO and the WDF.

Took that from the BDO site.

RUSSIA'S Anastasia Dobromyslova will compete in the 2009 Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship after opting to move onto the PDC circuit.

Dobromyslova has taken the final place in the Preliminary Round of the tournament following the withdrawal of an Indian Qualifier, which saw that place awarded to a Russian representative.

The 24-year-old, the current Women's World Champion, will become only the second female to compete in the PDC World Championship, succeeding Gayl King, who lost 3-1 to Graeme Stoddart in the 2001 event.

"We're delighted that Anastasia has chosen to compete on the Professional Darts Corporation circuit," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

"Her ambition is to compete amongst the best players in darts for the greatest prize money and she has already proven in the UK Open and Grand Slam of Darts this year that she can do just that.

"The Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship will be another great opportunity for Anastasia and we will look forward to her competing at Alexandra Palace.

"She will compete for over £5 million in prize money on the PDC circuit next year - and I'm sure she will cause plenty of shocks along the way!"

Dobromyslova won a place earlier this year in the Blue Square UK Open, where she lost 6-5 to Robert Thornton in round one, as well as competing more recently in the PartyPoker.com Grand Slam of Darts in Wolverhampton.

She will follow up her appearance in the World Championship, which begins on Friday December 19 at Alexandra Palace, by competing full-time on the PDC circuit next year.

Her last appearance on the WDF/BDO circuit - where Dobromyslova was ranked as the women's number one - came on Sunday at the World Masters, where she reached the final before losing to Francis Hoenselaar 4-3.

who should have put webster out on his erse last year

If it weren't for the crowd heckling Webster like feck the whole game Moody wouldn't have even gotten that sole set.

Theres loads of rumours rife about top players moving after Lakeside, more so than in recent years. If Anderson wins the Lakeside or gets to the final the word is hes guaranteed a Premier League Wildcard.

The Anastasia thing was known a few days although not confirmed till tonight. Not much to get excited about IMO.

Guest blue ayr

Fair play to her, shes a decent player and will cause a few upsets. God help the first man to be beaten on tv by her though, probably get slaughtered!

PDC draw made today, even though its seeded, theres a couple of standout matches:

Andy Jenkins vs Co stompe

Colin Llyod vs jelle Klassen

John Part vs Bill davis (only a good match because bill davis is hilarious to watch :D )

Anastasia has a decent draw against Remco van Eijden, why not eh? :rolleyes:

PDC draw made today, even though its seeded, theres a couple of standout matches:

Andy Jenkins vs Co stompe

Colin Llyod vs jelle Klassen

John Part vs Bill davis (only a good match because bill davis is hilarious to watch :D )

Anastasia has a decent draw against Remco van Eijden, why not eh? :rolleyes:

Klaasen is primed to break out in this tournament. He demolished Colin Lloyd at the Grand Prix and if he beats Lloyd in the 1st round he takes on either Kirk Shepherd or Jan Van Der Rassel, which is a fantastic early draw. If a guy like him with the ability he has can build up some confidence hes going to go very far.

Unfortunately Van Gerwen if he beats Darin Young who isn't a slouch, and IMO on current form will beat MVG, he'll run into Taylor, and its just well, shit, to see a guy so talented doing so little in Mikey.

Hope the matchstick can put together a good run. Gubbing that fat roaster Jenkins would be a good start. :D

Klaasen is primed to break out in this tournament. He demolished Colin Lloyd at the Grand Prix and if he beats Lloyd in the 1st round he takes on either Kirk Shepherd or Jan Van Der Rassel, which is a fantastic early draw. If a guy like him with the ability he has can build up some confidence hes going to go very far.

Unfortunately Van Gerwen if he beats Darin Young who isn't a slouch, and IMO on current form will beat MVG, he'll run into Taylor, and its just well, shit, to see a guy so talented doing so little in Mikey.

Hope the matchstick can put together a good run. Gubbing that fat roaster Jenkins would be a good start. :D

:lol:

i agree, i think Darin Young will beat Van Gerwin, id like to see the wee guy (well i suppose hes not wee anymore, hes been on the cake methinks) do well, but probably wont be this year, did he not get Taylor early in this last year as well?

:lol:

i agree, i think Darin Young will beat Van Gerwin, id like to see the wee guy (well i suppose hes not wee anymore, hes been on the cake methinks) do well, but probably wont be this year, did he not get Taylor early in this last year as well?

Aye Van Gerwen has certainly piled on the pounds. Must be all that comfort eating from the defeats hes been taking the last two years.

I actually read he was something like 20 stone at age 14, no joke!

Aye Van Gerwen has certainly piled on the pounds. Must be all that comfort eating from the defeats hes been taking the last two years.

I actually read he was something like 20 stone at age 14, no joke!

I can actually believe that. :lol:

Guest Berwick till i die

Who does everyone fancy to go on a good run at the PDC World Championship because last year we had Painter, Mardle and Shepherd all have very good runs and of Course Part getting to the final and winning was a surprise.

I can see Kevin McDine having a good run to the Quarter final or Semi Final stages because he turns it on when he plays on TV plus the guy has genuine talent with a bit of an arrogant attitude to go with it which is a great combination. I can also see Klassen having a good run because he's slowly starting to get his form back again and I think the pressure of been a former champion is not as big as it was when he first joined the PDC so hopefully he can settle down and produce what he's capable of doing.

I was going to say Van Gerwen, but an early run in with Phil Taylor should put an end to that in the second round.

The obvious choice to some would be Wade, but he admits to not liking matches that are played over sets, so he might well say an early bye-bye in this tournament. I agree that Kevin McDine will go far, as will Terry Jenkins who has been terrific in the last two years. The other man one I think will do well is Adrian Lewis, who is sure to excel given a longer format, and he has improved quite a bit as well.

Lewis is the man for me this year, as long as he concentrates on the game. £2 on him @ 33/1 (each way, of course ;) ) is a sound investment.

van Gerwen has been off the boil for a few months so needs to find his form again and I reckon McDine could be good for a Quarter Final place.

However, he'll need to beat Mervyn King to get there. King has been in sizzling form this year and if he brings his best, then he'll be a real force at this year's tournament.

Edited by The Naitch

Van Gerwen IMO will get knocked out in the first round. Going through a major major rot just now.

Klaasen my outside tip for a run. I'm looking to players who are playing well just now to do well such as Jenkins, Thornton and King for good runs. Taylor will win it though, without much fuss in my opinion.

Edited by MTJ