Darts...

Sideshow

Martin Adams also playing fairly well and looking good for a semi final spot.

yep, itll be

Wagner vs Waites

O'Shea vs Adams

in the semi finals tomorrow, fancy O'Shea to do it, but since Wagner isn't English, i may root him on :P

Wagner looked amazing in his match in the Qtr. Finals, and I'm suddenly taking interest in this thing. O'Shea and Adams have both looked good today. O'Shea in particular, as Hankey wasn't actively bad or anything.

Martin Adams was good at Lakeside this year even if he fell short, and maybe he can turn it on for the major tournaments, even if there isn't many of them.

Apparently the Lakeside draw has already been made, but its not being made public till tomorrow.

Maybe they are messing around with it a bit, so they can get their old chum Wolfie the best draw possible. ;)

Edited by MTJ

Final 8 PDPA Qualifiers for the PDC World Championships after today's tournament:

Tony Ayres

Mark Stephenson

Brendan Dolan

Michael Barnard

Steve Grubb

Nick Fulwell

Dennis Smith

John MaGowan

Great to see Smiffy back at the Worlds after 2/3 years away.

Scott Waites vs Martin Adams final

only on option for who to support here it think

Waites, Waites, Waites, Waites.

Adams is a tosser and I said yesterday as long as he doesn't win the thing I'll be happy. Unfortunately I think hes going to do it. :(

Lakeside draw coming up soon I think.

BTW how amateurish does the BDO look on the BBC? Like eighties pub darts has been transformed to 2008.

Edited by MTJ

LAKESIDE WORLD PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009: MEN FIRST ROUND

SAT. JAN 3

2.40 PM: EDDY SIMS (16) (AUS) v ROBERT HUGHES (WAL)

1.00 PM: GARY ANDERSON (1) (SCOT) v ROBERT WAGNER (NOR)

3.30 PM: TONY O’SHEA (9) (ENG) v DANIEL LARSSON (SWE)

6.50 PM: EDWIN MAX (8) (NETH) v KRZYSZTOF RATAJSKI (POL)

1.50 PM: SIMON WHITLOCK (12) (AUS) v MARK BARILLI (SCOT)

6.00 PM: DARRYL FITTON (5) (ENG) v MARK SALMON (WAL)

SUN. JAN 4

3.30 PM: STEVE WEST (13) (ENG) v ALAN NORRIS (SWE)

1.50 PM: SCOTT WAITES (4) (ENG) v ROSS SMITH (ENG)

2.40 PM: JOHN WALTON (15) (ENG) v SHAUN GREATBATCH (ENG)

1.00 PM: MARK WEBSTER (2) (WAL) v WILLY VAN DE WIEL (NETH)

7.50 PM: ROSS MONTGOMERY (10) (SCOT) v MARTIN PHILLIPS (WAL)

5.30 PM: TED HANKEY (7) (ENG) v BRIAN WOODS (ENG)

MON. JAN 5

5.45 PM: MARTIN ATKINS (11) (ENG) v JOEY TEN BERGE (NETH)

Ouch. Anderson could be sent packing early again. Montgomery and Barilli don't have great draws either.

Waites, Waites, Waites, Waites.

Adams is a tosser and I said yesterday as long as he doesn't win the thing I'll be happy. Unfortunately I think hes going to do it. :(

Lakeside draw coming up soon I think.

BTW how amateurish does the BDO look on the BBC? Like eighties pub darts has been transformed to 2008.

agreed the presentation looks amateurish, the whole set up is stuck in the 80s, the pdc have sky behind them so the presentation looks much better.

However, the quality of darts is pretty much the same, both semi finals have seen averages almost at 100, apart from Taylor and Wade, the pdc players dont consistently hit that.

Ouch. Anderson will be sent packing early again. Montgomery and Barilli don't have great draws either.

changed it for you :P

Gutted for Barilli, was hoping he got a better draw than that

still think Montgomery will be ok though, agreed it wasnt the best, but hes good enough to beat Phillips.

I'm actually glad he got Whitlock. He was always going to have a tough game eventually so I can't wait to see him play someone of that standard.

As for this BDO tourney, I don't mind the coverage. At least we're not missing doubles unlike those morons at ITV. The only thing I hate about the BBC coverage is Tony Green. Imbecile of a man.

I'm actually glad he got Whitlock. He was always going to have a tough game eventually so I can't wait to see him play someone of that standard.

As for this BDO tourney, I don't mind the coverage. At least we're not missing doubles unlike those morons at ITV. The only thing I hate about the BBC coverage is Tony Green. Imbecile of a man.

I'm also not too happy with the way Bobby George has played down Scott Waites as if hes never heard of him.

Agree Montgomery should be good enough to beat Phillips but hes very experienced at the Lakeside so it won't be an easy game.

Apparently Anastasia is going to play in the PDC World Championship instead.

Edited by MTJ

Camera work is a lot better on BBC

commentary is dire! Tony Green probably hasn't ever watched PDC darts. Why doesn't John Part help out any more? He was much better than both these prats!

I hope Mark gives him a game, but i don't understand why Whitlock was only seeded 12th??

Apparently Anastasia is going to play in the PDC World Championship instead.

prelim stages for pdc championship:

PRELIMINARY ROUND

Warren FRENCH New Zealand Shi YONGSHENG China Akihiro NAGAKAWA Japan Lourence ILAGAN Philippines Marko KANTELE Finland Sudesh FITZGERALD Guyana Shane O'CONNOR Ireland David FATUM America Remco van EIJDEN Netherlands Charles LOSPER South Africa Hannes SCHNIER Austria Plus one player TBC

maybe just

but she got beat off francis honsellar (sp) today so i wouldnt advise it

Edited by tigerton

agreed the presentation looks amateurish, the whole set up is stuck in the 80s, the pdc have sky behind them so the presentation looks much better.

However, the quality of darts is pretty much the same, both semi finals have seen averages almost at 100, apart from Taylor and Wade, the pdc players dont consistently hit that.

While the 4 on display today are very good players, IMO its a lot easier to play in the BDO majors where the crowd is like a morgue compared to the PDC. Imagine Ted Hankey playing in a PDC major. :lol:

Anastasia also had a Ladbrokes.com sponsor logo on her shirt today, take from that what you want....

While the 4 on display today are very good players, IMO its a lot easier to play in the BDO majors where the crowd is like a morgue compared to the PDC. Imagine Ted Hankey playing in a PDC major. :lol:

Anastasia also had a Ladbrokes.com sponsor logo on her shirt today, take from that what you want....

:lol: id love to see tad hankey try his walk on in the PDC, he would get dogs abuse for how much of a twat he looks!

Shes had that sponsorship since the UK Open i think, i take it Mr BDO wont allow her to try win the mens BDO title, would be worth a shot before she gets humped in the PDC

prelim stages for pdc championship:

PRELIMINARY ROUND

Warren FRENCH New Zealand Shi YONGSHENG China Akihiro NAGAKAWA Japan Lourence ILAGAN Philippines Marko KANTELE Finland Sudesh FITZGERALD Guyana Shane O'CONNOR Ireland David FATUM America Remco van EIJDEN Netherlands Charles LOSPER South Africa Hannes SCHNIER Austria Plus one player TBC

maybe just

but she got beat off francis honsellar (sp) today so i wouldnt advise it

As recently as Thursday that 'tbc' player was listed as the Indian qualifier on the planetdarts website, but they changed it to 'tbc', so something's clearly in the pipeline. Suppose we'll find out tomorrow when the draw is live on Sky Sports News at 2.30pm.