Darts...

Sideshow

Guest blue ayr

Was good to see Anderson come back from that 9 darter to get the win. Wade never really got going but Garys head could easily have went down after that. Thornton could and should have had Jenkins beaten but fair play to Jenkins, played some cracking darts after a sloppy start. Excellent night of darts. :D

It was nice to see Mark Barilli in the BDO International Open. I'll be rooting for him most definately. Frustrating to watch though. Shot choices are ridiculous.

ive seen him get 7 darts into the 9 darter, he was on 90 and went for bull, hit a single 3 i believe.

i cant say anything, he completely destroyed me in the 2 times i played him :( great laugh tho, genuine guy

wades 9 darter had me cheering, must be the first time iv cheered that squeaky voiced knob-end

I've watched most of this tournament and missed James Wade's 9 darter, gutted!

The remainder of the tournament looks grim for winners. Taylor and Barney have won loads and I'm bored seeing them win. Mervyn King is a miserable b*****d, so I really don't want him to win. Gary Anderson is incredibly thick and always has something stupid to say after a game win or loss. I find Terry Jenkins to be a pretty vanilla player, but I wouldn't really grudge him the win.

I'm rooting for Simon Whitlock because of his funny throw, his ever present casio watch and the fact hes a pretty modest guy.

I just don't know how he does it. 5-1 down and looking dead and buried...and Taylor still wins 10-7. The guy is just a phenomenal darts player.

Good night all round, every match tonight was fantastic in its own way.

i agree, really enjoyed it again tonight.. funny as f**k, taylors face like a smacked arse at 5 1. you just knew he'd come through though, arrogant p***k

i agree, really enjoyed it again tonight.. funny as f**k, taylors face like a smacked arse at 5 1. you just knew he'd come through though, arrogant p***k

Taylor while I don't think he means it is patronising as f**k to his opponents after he beats them. When he whitewashed Colin Osborne at the Grand Prix a couple of months ago without getting out of second gear he went on about how Colin made things so hard for him etc etc. Load of patronising bull from Taylor everytime, also getting sick of him pumpin' everyone too.

BTW I see you're from Eyemouth you happen to know Gary Anderson? Or know anyone who knows him?

Edited by MTJ

Taylor while I don't think he means it is patronising as f**k to his opponents after he beats them. When he whitewashed Colin Osborne at the Grand Prix a couple of months ago without getting out of second gear he went on about how Colin made things so hard for him etc etc. Load of patronising bull from Taylor, getting sick of him pumpin' everyone too.

BTW I see you're from Eyemouth you happen to know Gary Anderson? Or know anyone who knows him?

seen him kicking about a few times but thats it. seemingly left his missus a wee bit ago, her and his kids still live here though. he's no originally from eyemouth, think he's from around mussleburgh

Taylor while I don't think he means it is patronising as f**k to his opponents after he beats them. When he whitewashed Colin Osborne at the Grand Prix a couple of months ago without getting out of second gear he went on about how Colin made things so hard for him etc etc. Load of patronising bull from Taylor everytime, also getting sick of him pumpin' everyone too.

He's trying not to be an arsehole. You can tell by the way he talks in EVERY interview. He does his best to make every opponent sound good and you can tell he's making every effort not to sound cocky. He must know that he's the best, but he won't go and say "I'm better than everyone else" so it becomes habit.

If Taylor is arrogant for praising his opponents then what is Barney?! He only turns up for the after match interview when he wins.

Indeed. Yet another hissy fit from the Dutch 'professional'. He needs to get rid of his entourage as well. Couldn't believe when it was mentioned that he's hired someone to clean his darts for him.

What this thread doesn't have is any indication of what the last two posters are talking about?

What were the scores?

Even the BBC website doesn't have them!

I was pissed when I watched it but Terry Jenkins pipped Gary Anderson in an amazing game, 16-14 I think

Taylor pumped a very good King 16-10 I think and will play Jenkins in the Final

I have a 4 day pass for the last 4 days at Lakeside in January and cannae wait

You're right. Apologies, it's tucked away in the small print.

The main headlines thoguh still talk about Taylor winning his quarter final and the story therein says he'll meet Whitlock in the semi final but doesn't even mention the other half of the draw. Pretty shoddy from the Beeb.

The main headlines thoguh still talk about Taylor winning his quarter final and the story therein says he'll meet Whitlock in the semi final but doesn't even mention the other half of the draw. Pretty shoddy from the Beeb.

Just go on planetdarts.tv then it's pretty simple.

You should try the ITV website. They're covering the event and have almost zero coverage. Planetdarts is the best site to check out.

Guest shameless
As the title says, does anybody play darts either for fun or in a league?

I play for The Cellar Bar in Paisley in the Paisley & Glasgow Mixed Darts League which started last night and we started with a 7-5 win.

Missus is out at the moment playing in the Glasgow Ladies League. She has also represented Renfrewshire Women in the 'B' team.

I play to quite a decent standard, only pub league though, but have recently hit two 180s and a 160 finish in the league, which i suppose is decent at any level for best of 3 match, pitty about my lack of consistency