Darts...

Sideshow

Is he really back to the kind of form that warrents that short a price??

Taylor on half of his form is better than the entire PDC. He showed that at the GSOD when he was clearly off his game and still won it.

Although if Stompe can beat him, anyone can.

Taylor on half of his form is better than the entire PDC. He showed that at the GSOD when he was clearly off his game and still won it.

Although if Stompe can beat him, anyone can.

Taylor on half his form is better than anyone in darts.

Taylor after a defeat always seems to play at the top of his game. He wiped the floor with the competition after losing to Andy Jenkins at the GS. The one bit of hope players can take from Taylor though is he is a slow starter at times.

That said I don't think Co Stompe is a pub standard player by any means.

You both seem quite certain.

The thing that worries me is that he was apparently unbeatable in the Worlds but the last two years Barney & Mardle have managed to beat him. Will that affect him mentally? As there is no doubt ability wise he's miles ahead of anyone.

Kirk Shepherd anyone? :P

Guest blue ayr

I see Rod Harrington has tipped Thornton as a dark horse for the Worlds, outwith Taylor he fancied Andy Hamilton, Mervyn King and Thornton with Thornton his choice to cause an upset.

The thing that worries me is that he was apparently unbeatable in the Worlds but the last two years Barney & Mardle have managed to beat him. Will that affect him mentally? As there is no doubt ability wise he's miles ahead of anyone.

Taylor has been unstoppable since the Worlds in 2007 and has won every single major with ease. After the Worlds hes changed his Darts and pasted everyone in sight.

Barney and Wayne Mardle are pretty inconsistent, and well Kirk Shepherd looks like a flash in the pan at the moment and seems to crack with the slightest amount of pressure.

If there is anyone, anyone in darts whowould give Phil a game just now its Gary Anderson, but even then he would have to be at his absolute best and Taylor have an off day, and hes a massive bottle merchant too, so if Anderson ever got the lead on Phil he'd probably lay one.

Guest Berwick till i die

Taylor doesn't think like that so I can't see it affecting him mentally. I personally think Barney is the only one who can beat him and at this current time Barney is to far behind. The only way he will get knocked out is if he gets someone like Lewis in the quarter finals and Lewis plays like he did against Barney because unless someone produces a performance of that caliber he won't be stopped.

If there is anyone, anyone in darts whowould give Phil a game just now its Gary Anderson, but even then he would have to be at his absolute best and Taylor have an off day, and hes a massive bottle merchant too, so if Anderson ever got the lead on Phil he'd probably lay one.

You could say the same for Barney. Hell, Barney beat a VERY good Phil Taylor at the UK Open.

You could say the same for Barney. Hell, Barney beat a VERY good Phil Taylor at the UK Open.

Thing is Barney is a lot closer for me to the rest of the field than he is to Taylor. Terry Jenkins is the form player outside of Taylor just now IMO and Taylor has pasted him a couple of times recently.

Barney has crashed out of a few majors earlier than he might have expected in the last year which is why I'm not too excited about him being a proper challenger to Phil.

On a totally different note Barry Hearn said he currently feel upto 6 players will cross to the PDC post Lakeside.

Edited by MTJ

Thing is Barney is a lot closer for me to the rest of the field than he is to Taylor.

Which is why when you say "when he's at his absolute best", you can bring Barney into things. Barney's actually a step below some in the field right now, unless he's at his absolute best, and when he is, he can actually match an on form Taylor, nevermind an off form version.

Guest shameless
Taylor has been unstoppable since the Worlds in 2007 and has won every single major with ease. After the Worlds hes changed his Darts and pasted everyone in sight.

Barney and Wayne Mardle are pretty inconsistent, and well Kirk Shepherd looks like a flash in the pan at the moment and seems to crack with the slightest amount of pressure.

Gary Anderson cannot live with Phil Taylor in big tournaments on TV, Anderson admits himself that he takes 6 or 7 legs to get warmed up on stage, and if you give Taylor a big enough start, there is no way back into the game.

Still think Barney has got better on every TV tournament this year, and will once again be Taylors main rival at the Ally Pally

Still think Barney has got better on every TV tournament this year

He hasn't done better than his first tourney back. He's actually gotten worse I reckon. Did really, really well in the Grand Prix, did reasonably well in Frankfurt and then disappointed in the GSOD.

Rumour going around theres going to be a major defection today.

Signs are pointing to either Anastasia Dobromyslova or Simon Whitlock. Wouldn't really care about Anastasia but Whitlock would be some coup for the PDC.

BTW that thing turned out to be a wind up that got 700 replies in about 3 hours.

Whitlock is moving after the Lakeside to Stoke, most likely to join the PDC then.

Watching the Masters just now, disappointed. Anderson bottling it again. Fitton out too. Not too bothered about Webster since he lost to a Scot.

As long as Martin Adams doesn't win it I'll be chuffed.

BTW that thing turned out to be a wind up that got 700 replies in about 3 hours.

Whitlock is moving after the Lakeside to Stoke, most likely to join the PDC then.

Watching the Masters just now, disappointed. Anderson bottling it again. Fitton out too. Not too bothered about Webster since he lost to a Scot.

As long as Martin Adams doesn't win it I'll be chuffed.

A very good Scot at that, Ross Montgomery, currently playing O'Shea, Montgomery's a nice guy, hope he wins.