Darts...

Sideshow

Andy Jenkins looks like a naturally angry human being. He's probably a nice enough chap.

No actually hes a twat.

If he happens to lose and have an interview afterwards expect a load of bitter comments.

I'm tempted to sack going to Dundee tomorrow in potentially pissing rain and freezing cold and just stay in and watch this. Tonight besides that pishy preliminary match was fantastic.

I'm tempted to sack going to Dundee tomorrow in potentially pissing rain and freezing cold and just stay in and watch this. Tonight besides that pishy preliminary match was fantastic.

I missed the preliminary one, but I looked at the stats for it, and the 3-dart averages were around 54, with the highest checkout being 40 :lol:

How on earth did these chumps get anywhere near that stage?

Im raging that i went to my mates flat tonight, he didnt have sky, its fekin murder to find the scores!! the planetdarts website had a realtime scoreboard thing on, but try and find the scores from the other games?? nae chance!

anyway, shocked a Part going out, i love the guy, mainly cos he won me money when he won last year, and his entrace gives the hot walk on girl an excuse to dress up as princess leia!!

glad to see thornton go through, great guy, great chance of beating taylor, hopefully.

Every seed gone so far.

It won't surprise anyone that I bring betting into the equation, but every year there is stacks of money to be made by opposing the favourite in every match. They don't even have to lose the game, generally at some point during the match their price will drift and you can trade it out for a profit, the key is knowing when they have drifted as far as they will.

If you know about darts and can see that the margins between the top and the rest isn't as big as the betting odds perceive, you can make shedloads of money on betfair by trading.

It won't surprise anyone that I bring betting into the equation, but every year there is stacks of money to be made by opposing the favourite in every match. They don't even have to lose the game, generally at some point during the match their price will drift and you can trade it out for a profit, the key is knowing when they have drifted as far as they will.

If you know about darts and can see that the margins between the top and the rest isn't as big as the betting odds perceive, you can make shedloads of money on betfair by trading.

I thought Rodriguez/Scholten, Thornton/Jones and Jenkins/Stompe would be reasonably tight matches, but very few could have predicted John Part to get whitewashed 3-0 by a fairly unknown American Qualifier.

Im raging that i went to my mates flat tonight, he didnt have sky, its fekin murder to find the scores!! the planetdarts website had a realtime scoreboard thing on, but try and find the scores from the other games?? nae chance!

anyway, shocked a Part going out, i love the guy, mainly cos he won me money when he won last year, and his entrace gives the hot walk on girl an excuse to dress up as princess leia!!

glad to see thornton go through, great guy, great chance of beating taylor, hopefully.

I watched it on that justin.tv website, decent enough stream.

Roland Scholten was never getting through that first round match. Rodriguez wasn't at his best, but managed to go through anyways.

Robert Thornton is only not a seed because he hasn't been in the PDC long enough. Give it time and he'll make a run for the top 16.

Co Stompe was on the form of his life going into this tournament.

As for Bill Davis ... didn't see that one coming.

I guess the moral of my story is that the majority of them shocks could probably have been called anyways. Thornton probably WAS the favourite going into the match, and I'd be surprised if the bookies had Scholten as the favourite as well.

I'm laughing my arse off here. I don't think I've ever seen a darts match so bad that it's had to be taken off.

Both players ended up with a three dart average in the 50's !! It was horrific stuff and the amount of times they both missed a big fat single was unbelievable. The Jap bloke even missed the board at one point when he was going for 17. I'm sure your average pub player could have done just as well as these two clowns. The Russian burd would have roasted both 5-0 :huh:

As for John Part...he's been pish for ages and that was no surprise to me.

RESULT

Alan Tabern 3-0 Steve Beaton

SET ONE

1918 : Tabern goes 1-0 up on Beaton, who was scoring alright to start with, but Tabern seemed to just brush that aside, and Beaton went all downhill from there. He needed the break that has just come, as Tabern is looking pretty close to his best. His bull in the opening leg was a belter.

SET TWO

Tabern is a bit all over the place at the start of the second set, but Beaton isn't doing much to take advantage. The scoring sure took a big increase there. Tabern with some good cleaning up, as both players looking very good in this leg. Beaton with some slack darts to let Tabern in and he hits double top.

Tabern continues to look terrific and hits another 180. Beaton is right there with him though. Some quality darts here. Beaton not good enough on the doubles, but Tabern gives him another chance. Not taken I'm afraid. Tabern ends the leg with double top and Beaton is looking to be in trouble right now.

Beaton with the first bad score of the third leg in the set, throwing a 60, but Tabern followed it with a 41. COME ON ! Any time one gives the other a chance, they don't take it. Sure enough, it happens again as a 60 follows a 60. Beaton with a chance at 181 to bring the score down, but only scores 58. Tabern pulls something similar with a 60 from 177. Tabern gives a chance to Beaton as he doesn't take 117 or even come close. Beaton finally with a double to make it 2-1 for the set.

Beaton continues to put some decent scores in, but Tabern is doing the exact same. 41 from Beaton and now Tabern has the chance to create a gap in this leg. He only scores 60 though. Once again, when Beaton throws badly, Tabern does nothing about it. It's getting tedious. Tabern has 104 and doesn't take it out, but has 12 left. Beaton goes to 69. Oooohhh. Tabern finishes the set and makes it 3-1 with the double 6.

SET THREE

Come on Beaton. Take a set and I have 10 points in the prediction league.

Beaton scores 140 early, but follows it with 60, while Tabern almost seems put off by an off form Beaton. Beaton scores an 85, and I can only assume that the treble will wake Tabern up. 125 for Tabern. Told ya. Tabern had a decent shot at 161. Missed though. Beaton misses double 18 pretty badly. Tabern needs only one shot at double 16 to go up 1-0.

Beaton keeps up his game, scoring 140, and this time Tabern has no reply, scoring 60. Beaton with a 60 as well. Oh come on, you're doing me no good here. It's as if Tabern is TRYING to give Beaton a shot here, and Beaton isn't taking any sort of advantage. Beaton takes 100 off of 160 which is handy. Tabern gets himself down to 115. Beaton lets Tabern have a shot at 115 but only takes out 99, and Beaton takes advantage to make it 1-1.

Beaton scores 9 in the third leg of this set. Seriously ? Tabern is a lot more steady now, scoring 100 and 140 pretty regularly while Beaton is absolutely miles behind. Tabern has 121 left and takes out 89 to leave 32. Beaton scores 45 after that and Tabern makes it 2-1.

Beaton scores 100. A wee bit better than 9, I'm sure you'd agree. Beaton and Tabern hitting around the 100 mark in this leg. Beaton has 125 and takes out 75. He's left with 50. Tabern has 150 and doesn't touch it, but DOES hit 100. 50 left, and Beaton hits double 18 by mistake and misses double 7. Tabern with big 18 and then he misses both double 16 and 8s. Beaton hits the madhouse and that's 2-2.

"Easy !"

Come on Beaton ! Where was that dart going ?!?! Closer to the double than the treble. Tabern almost makes Beaton pay but only hits a 140. I suppose that DID make him pay, as Beaton simply isn't scoring well in this leg. Tabern is on a 167 and has plenty of darts at it. He leaves himself 107. Beaton then hits a 180 to leave 135 and put a wee bit of pressure on. Tabern hits double 15 by mistake instead of single. He leaves 16. Beaton leaves 60. Tabern finishes the match on double 8.

Alan Tabern was just far too good there, and Steve Beaton didn't look like winning that match at all.

Edited by DomDom

RESULT

Alan Tabern 3-0 Steve Beaton

SET ONE

1918 : Tabern goes 1-0 up on Beaton, who was scoring alright to start with, but Tabern seemed to just brush that aside, and Beaton went all downhill from there. He needed the break that has just come, as Tabern is looking pretty close to his best. His bull in the opening leg was a belter.

SET TWO

Tabern is a bit all over the place at the start of the second set, but Beaton isn't doing much to take advantage. The scoring sure took a big increase there. Tabern with some good cleaning up, as both players looking very good in this leg. Beaton with some slack darts to let Tabern in and he hits double top.

Tabern continues to look terrific and hits another 180. Beaton is right there with him though. Some quality darts here. Beaton not good enough on the doubles, but Tabern gives him another chance. Not taken I'm afraid. Tabern ends the leg with double top and Beaton is looking to be in trouble right now.

Beaton with the first bad score of the third leg in the set, throwing a 60, but Tabern followed it with a 41. COME ON ! Any time one gives the other a chance, they don't take it. Sure enough, it happens again as a 60 follows a 60. Beaton with a chance at 181 to bring the score down, but only scores 58. Tabern pulls something similar with a 60 from 177. Tabern gives a chance to Beaton as he doesn't take 117 or even come close. Beaton finally with a double to make it 2-1 for the set.

Beaton continues to put some decent scores in, but Tabern is doing the exact same. 41 from Beaton and now Tabern has the chance to create a gap in this leg. He only scores 60 though. Once again, when Beaton throws badly, Tabern does nothing about it. It's getting tedious. Tabern has 104 and doesn't take it out, but has 12 left. Beaton goes to 69. Oooohhh. Tabern finishes the set and makes it 3-1 with the double 6.

SET THREE

Come on Beaton. Take a set and I have 10 points in the prediction league.

Beaton scores 140 early, but follows it with 60, while Tabern almost seems put off by an off form Beaton. Beaton scores an 85, and I can only assume that the treble will wake Tabern up. 125 for Tabern. Told ya. Tabern had a decent shot at 161. Missed though. Beaton misses double 18 pretty badly. Tabern needs only one shot at double 16 to go up 1-0.

Beaton keeps up his game, scoring 140, and this time Tabern has no reply, scoring 60. Beaton with a 60 as well. Oh come on, you're doing me no good here. It's as if Tabern is TRYING to give Beaton a shot here, and Beaton isn't taking any sort of advantage. Beaton takes 100 off of 160 which is handy. Tabern gets himself down to 115. Beaton lets Tabern have a shot at 115 but only takes out 99, and Beaton takes advantage to make it 1-1.

Beaton scores 9 in the third leg of this set. Seriously ? Tabern is a lot more steady now, scoring 100 and 140 pretty regularly while Beaton is absolutely miles behind. Tabern has 121 left and takes out 89 to leave 32. Beaton scores 45 after that and Tabern makes it 2-1.

Beaton scores 100. A wee bit better than 9, I'm sure you'd agree. Beaton and Tabern hitting around the 100 mark in this leg. Beaton has 125 and takes out 75. He's left with 50. Tabern has 150 and doesn't touch it, but DOES hit 100. 50 left, and Beaton hits double 18 by mistake and misses double 7. Tabern with big 18 and then he misses both double 16 and 8s. Beaton hits the madhouse and that's 2-2.

"Easy !"

Come on Beaton ! Where was that dart going ?!?! Closer to the double than the treble. Tabern almost makes Beaton pay but only hits a 140. I suppose that DID make him pay, as Beaton simply isn't scoring well in this leg. Tabern is on a 167 and has plenty of darts at it. He leaves himself 107. Beaton then hits a 180 to leave 135 and put a wee bit of pressure on. Tabern hits double 15 by mistake instead of single. He leaves 16. Beaton leaves 60. Tabern finishes the match on double 8.

Alan Tabern was just far too good there, and Steve Beaton didn't look like winning that match at all.

How the feck can you write so much on a match that was a snorefest?!

A good match coming up though MVG v Young

A prelim round game coming next.

RESULT

David Fatum 6-4 Shane O'Conner

We've seen some right awful darts from the prelim round so far. David Fatum looks right up for it. Hopefully that means we get some good darts from him.

Fatum's darts are all over the place to start, but O'Conner didn't look too shabby with his own. Fatum gets an early 140. Neither player seems to be very bad at all actually. The scoring is pretty decent, untill O'Conner misses a couple at treble 19, but he still gets an 80+. Fatum leaves 120. O'Conner leaves 134. Fatum misses Shanghai by a mile. O'Conner leaves 56. Fatum hits double 10 and it's 1-0.

O'Conner's scoring remains steady into the next leg, but Fatum only scores 55. Fatum is scoring badly now, while O'Conner gets a bounceout at 120. Unlucky. Fatum is actually looking pretty bad right now. O'Conner leaves himself 88, and takes it out in three darts and he is looking great right now. Much better than the previous four players in prelim rounds.

O'Conner with his first slack score of 60+. Fatum takes advantage with 140. O'Conner is now scoring badly more often, scoring a 56. Fatum once again scores a 140. O'Conner leaves 144, while Fatum leaves 140. That doesn't go anywhere and neither does the 144. Fatum with 80, and he misses that. O'Conner takes out 48 and he's delighted with that. No wonder. He's playing really well right now.

Fatum and O'Conner keep the 80+ scoring going. That's untill Fatum scores a 26, before asking for cheers from the crowd. O'Conner follows that with an 80. Fatum with 140 so O'Conner needs to do someting and doesn't, as he leaves 194. Fatum against the throw brings his score down to a 150. O'Conner brings his score down to 129. Fatum is down at 69. The finishing is leaving a lot to be desired here. Fatum's finishing is ridiculous at times, as he hits the actual number on the board. BOUNCE OUT FOR TWO DOUBLE TOPS !!! That HAS to hurt. Fatum takes advantage and makes it 2-2.

O'Conner with 125, keeping his heavy scoring going. Fatum continues to throw pretty poor darts, scoring less than 60 more than once. O'Connor with a 96 to follow that, but then Fatum scores 140. Fatum brings himself down to a 143. O'Connor brings his score down to a 152. Fatum is now on 83. O'Connor is down at 64. Fatum with 83 and he takes it out. 3-2 Fatum.

Fatum continues to score badly, and O'Connor has to start taking advantage of that. O'Connor is now dropping a wee bit in the scoring stakes, allowing Fatum a chance to come in and bring the score down, but he simply isn't good enough to do that. Fatum leaves himself 134. O'Conner then leaves himself 105. He needed that there. Fatum leaves himself 26 amd takes it out. 4-2 Fatum.

The standard has just gone down and down here, as both guys are struggling. Fatum makes some headway with a 140. Fatum leaves 142 and has darts at it. He ends up leaving himself double top. O'Connor brings his own score down to 145. Fatum comes down to 10 and ... gambles and misses. O'Connor ALMOST takes out 145 and that was a great effort there. Fatum acknowledges that great effort. He hits double 1 by mistake and busts it. O'Connor hits double 1 and makes it 4-3 in a terrific wee match.

The fans are right into this one now. O'Connor can't take advantage of the bad scoring of Fatum, and Fatum comes back with 140. Fatum fires himself up and that didn't do any good. 59 scored. O'Connor is getting pissed off with the atmosphere. He does score a 89 though. Fatum leaves Shanghai for the match. O'Connor leaves 136. Fatum leaves 32. O'Connor leaves 90. So, can Fatum win the match ? He can't hit double 16 and leaves 8s. It's as if the fans are trying to put off O'Connor, but it doesn't work and he hits 90 with two darts.

I'm right enjoying this match.

O'Connor seems to have been pushed here. Fatum is scoring steadily, with 100s all the way in this leg. O'Connor can't keep up and Fatum should leave a finish here. He hits a 100. No surprise there and he has 101. O'Connor can't leave a finish, but Fatum doesn't do enough to clear the 101 anyways and leaves 47. O'Connor leaves 154. Fatum leaves 32. O'Connor leaves 73 to put some pressure on. Fatum can't hit doubles and O'Connor has a chance. He leaves double 9. Fatum FINALLY takes a double and makes it 5-4.

Both men score 80 on first throws for this leg. O'Connor with a 28 allowing Fatum a chance to really get the advantage in this leg. He only scores 60 though and the crowd are not amused with that. O'Connor only scores 60 after that. Fatum throws 84 and that might do him the world of good. 218-240 with Fatum in the advantage. 98 from Tatum leaves Shanghai. O'Connor doesn't get down to a double. Shanghai comes close but doesn't get it. O'Connor leaves 118. Fatum for the match. He hits it and it's over.

It got a bit messy but that was incredibly entertaining stuff. Was the standard great ? No, but it wasn't so bad that it made you not want to watch. Some drama there.

How the feck can you write so much on a match that was a snorefest?!

How was it a snorefest ? It seemed fine to me. Tabern played really well. If that is the sort of darts that puts you to sleep then maybe you should just wait for Mardle to dance around.

How was it a snorefest ? It seemed fine to me. Tabern played really well. If that is the sort of darts that puts you to sleep then maybe you should just wait for Mardle to dance around.

It was quite obvious Tabern would coast it and he did. At no point did he look under threat to lose. A pretty uncompetitive match

Edited by MTJ