Darts...

Sideshow

Always seems like a bit of a grump when he is on tv.

He is a very good county player nothing more, seems to think he is better than he is.

Yet can call himself a double world champion which is ridiculous.

In saying that, there was a time he was very respectable. I remember him beating Taylor and MVG in the Grand Slam one year.

Edited by djchapsticks

Yet can call himself a double world champion which is ridiculous.

In saying that, there was a time he was very respectable. I remember him beating Taylor and MVG in the Grand Slam one year.

Although the description does fit both, I believe he was referring to Ross Montgomerie.

Met Montgomery a few times at County games he is a p***k.

Best thing I have ever seen was him at a pub tournament giving it the big un. A decent now PDC player Barilli walked in 5 mins before the draw. He drew Ross in the first round first to 3 and it was 2-1 Barilli. Ross hit a 180 to leave tops and started roaring like a bull. Looked round to see Barilli take out the 161 to win 3-1. The jacket was on quick that day too hahaha certainly can't take not being top boy.

Even when he put his jacket on and started marching up the stairs it didn't look anyone was saying goodbye to him. Can't be well liked amongst the players and people backstage with that behaviour.

Ando said this about Ross.

Beside the many great darts players in Scotland, there are also a few players who bring shame to the Scottish darts nation. Montgomery for example, plays with the BDO, but he is a crappy player. If he could throw some good arrows, he would have gone to the PDC. I keep hoping that he’ll once make the transfer so I can smash him in a game.

Are all the PDC players full-time and the BDO ones part-time? That might explain the discrepancy to an extent.

Pretty much, most of the BDO players still play club/county darts.

Gary Anderson's Lakeside record was appalling, one semi final was his best effort while he also had a handful of first round exits. It's whether players have the belief in themselves and the dedication to practice for hours on end to make the switch, and also having the bottle to perhaps give up a decent paying steady job.

Edited by peasy23