Darts...

Sideshow

To be honest, that's been coming for a few years in Glasgow.

There's a poisonous atmosphere and I would be surprised if they host another event there.

Anderson came out with a bit of credit, but personally I thought he only looked pretty disgusted with the crowd after Lewis had gone in front and the game was gone.

Do you think it is a problem in Scottish society as a whole?

Well yeah. I think that going out on the piss and making trouble is a Scottish problem more than an OF problem. I know people who don't even follow football who are capable of the shite we've seen tonight.

To be honest, that's been coming for a few years in Glasgow.

There's a poisonous atmosphere and I would be surprised if they host another event there.

Anderson came out with a bit of credit, but personally I thought he only looked pretty disgusted with the crowd after Lewis had gone in front and the game was gone.

Exactly. He lapped it up when he was cruising.

Bingo. Absolutely embarrassing to watch that tonight ... it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they skipped Glasgow next year, even if it did mean losing out on bit of money.

Exactly, that was squirmy to watch. One player looking like he was gonna shit himself and another looking totally embarrassed. Never seen two players wanting off a stage as quick in my life. Never thought i'd be cheering for that twat Lewis, especially against Anderson, but i was. You could have heard a pin drop when Lewis squared it at 3 3 :lol:. I hope the english crowds dont stoop to this shit against Anderson now

Well yeah. I think that going out on the piss and making trouble is a Scottish problem more than an OF problem. I know people who don't even follow football who are capable of the shite we've seen tonight.

Sorry, but that's garbage.

OK we'll agree to disagree.

Andersons hiding behind the crowd too and using it as an excuse for how shit he played. Lewis was the one getting scudded with beer and coins and he still hammered him.

To be fair, it did slow down the play and both players like to throw fairly fast. Anderson got distruped everytime something was chucked as Lewis would pause and then continue throwing. So he was still affected. Lewis did play well though, can't take that away from him.

OK we'll agree to disagree.

Perhaps if you gave a good reason as to why the blame lies with the Old Firm I'd agree with you (although I doubt it), but I fail to see what guys taking things too far at a traditionally boozy event has to do with them.

Edited by Nizzy

To be fair, it did slow down the play and both players like to throw fairly fast. Anderson got distruped everytime something was chucked as Lewis would pause and then continue throwing. So he was still affected. Lewis did play well though, can't take that away from him.

He looked happy enough at 3-0 up. When he started losing legs he started getting wound up.

He looked happy enough at 3-0 up. When he started losing legs he started getting wound up.

That would have happened to most people though. He was definately thrown by what was going on to the point that it hindered him. That cannot be denied here. The difference between him and Lewis is that Lewis is just so naturally gifted that he can throw like he's not bothered and still score like a nutter.

When the head goes down, other things start creeping in. That's just how it happens. It's happened to me many times.

Correct. When he eventually made a point of lifting one of the coins, the game was well gone and he was playing shit.

Even at 3 nil up he was playing shit.

Just in from it and on the old hotel wifi. Fucking, fucking, fucking Glasgow!

Perhaps coincidence, but the atmosphere completely turned as soon as the football scores were disseminated through the hall.

Brilliant night until the showpiece, the crowd really fucked that for Anderson, and for fans like myself - who booed everytime Lewis was at the oche, but clapped his good shots. There were fights everywhere tonight - does this always happen? My first time.... Barney match the absolute highlight.

I suspect the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh would not have seen these scenes. Fucking, fucking Glasgow.

:angry:

(Despite it all - £20 for a night at the darts? Worth every penny)

Just in from it and on the old hotel wifi. Fucking, fucking, fucking Glasgow!

Perhaps coincidence, but the atmosphere completely turned as soon as the football scores were disseminated through the hall.

Brilliant night until the showpiece, the crowd really fucked that for Anderson, and for fans like myself - who booed everytime Lewis was at the oche, but clapped his good shots. There were fights everywhere tonight - does this always happen? My first time.... Barney match the absolute highlight.

I suspect the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh would not have seen these scenes. Fucking, fucking Glasgow.

:angry:

(Despite it all - £20 for a night at the darts? Worth every penny)

There is always neds at the darts. Just the matchups on show meant there was never going to be any trouble.

Fucking, fucking, fucking Glasgow!

It's akin to when the Tartan Army wankers invade our town, smashing our train lights and urinating on our doorsteps. But Glasgow, so much to answer for.

Edited by Nizzy

It's akin to when the Tartan Army wankers invade our down, smashing our train lights and urinating on our doorsteps. But Glasgow, so much to answer for.

Fair enough, perhaps harsh on the the weedge, just raging that the end was ruined by idiots.

Tonight was a perfect illustration why we will never be allowed to drink at the football in this country. I saw a 20 person fight break out because someone spilt someone's drink. Chairs flying through the air.

Alba go bragh. :rolleyes:

It was absolutely embarrassing to watch! I'll admit to laughing my head off at Lewis getting soaked at the start but when the coins started to fly on you just lost all interest in the match, and so did the players.

A real shame but you can always count on a group of pissed up neds to take things too far :(