Rugby Union

kiwififer

Both Italian tightheads ate turf all day without even being spoken to - not a Wayne Barnes fan, but at least he'd have had them off in the bin learning how to scrum.

Very good performance, with some good tries. It's amazing the effect Parisse has on them though - take him away and we'd have won by 40 today.

Looked clearly like a try there. Odd decision.

Even though i don't think it would have been physically possible to stop him grounding it they couldn't award it. When the ref asks the question "try yes or no?" The tmo has to see evidence of the grounding. The cameras showed none.

Even though i don't think it would have been physically possible to stop him grounding it they couldn't award it. When the ref asks the question "try yes or no?" The tmo has to see evidence of the grounding. The cameras showed none.

It shows the difference between the questions too. I find it bizarre that the TMO doesn't need to see it grounded when the question is "Any reason not to award the try?" - surely not being able to see the ball being grounded is a valid reason?

It shows the difference between the questions too. I find it bizarre that the TMO doesn't need to see it grounded when the question is "Any reason not to award the try?" - surely not being able to see the ball being grounded is a valid reason?

Agree, especially when the ref can ask to specifically check the grounding if he isn't sure.

Just caught up with the Scotland game, played very well for the most part imo. For a change getting off to good start putting them on the front foot, and scoring 3 well worked tries. Special mention to Tommy Seymour for his try saving tackle when Scotland were down to 14 with ten minutes to go that was a game changer imo. If Italy had gone over for the score there then I don't think Scotland hold on for the win.

Everyone is terrible, but England are the least terrible of the 6. I'll be disappointed if we don't win a Grand Slam this time.

I think Scotland really should be beating France next time out. I didn't see the France v Ireland game, but they were woeful against both Italy and Wales. Even the pundits have dropped the 'mercurial French' cliche, as they've been crap since the 2011 World Cup.

I thought we played well. I also thought the ref was fine to be honest. Russell maybe a bit unlucky with his yellow, but Nel can really have no complaints. I have to say though, there is a marked difference to the way teams like Scotland, France and Italy are reffed when compared to the other three teams.

I thought we played well. I also thought the ref was fine to be honest. Russell maybe a bit unlucky with his yellow, but Nel can really have no complaints. I have to say though, there is a marked difference to the way teams like Scotland, France and Italy are reffed when compared to the other three teams.

Aye, I think the only serious complaint we could have about the referee was failure to properly penalise Italy at the scrum, but that's been a mark of every single game in the tournament so far and indeed many at the World Cup too. Teams who are good in the opposition's scrum are often gaining no advantage from it as they drive forward with the ball staying in their opponent's control as there hasn't been a straight put-in for about 15 years, then having been driven back five yards their opponents stop driving straight so the scrum gets wheeled, then the scrum half just uses it and runs with all the forwards of the team who've actually scrummaged properly out the way as the scrum has wheeled 90 degrees through the shitness of his own pack. Referees need to get a grip on that.