Rugby Union

kiwififer

I thought we played well. I also thought the ref was fine to be honest. Russell maybe a bit unlucky with his yellow, but Nel can really have no complaints. I have to say though, there is a marked difference to the way teams like Scotland, France and Italy are reffed when compared to the other three teams.

Aye, I think the only serious complaint we could have about the referee was failure to properly penalise Italy at the scrum, but that's been a mark of every single game in the tournament so far and indeed many at the World Cup too. Teams who are good in the opposition's scrum are often gaining no advantage from it as they drive forward with the ball staying in their opponent's control as there hasn't been a straight put-in for about 15 years, then having been driven back five yards their opponents stop driving straight so the scrum gets wheeled, then the scrum half just uses it and runs with all the forwards of the team who've actually scrummaged properly out the way as the scrum has wheeled 90 degrees through the shitness of his own pack. Referees need to get a grip on that.

Mike Cusack left Glasgow to join Newcastle to the end of the season.

On another note Glasgow are sending "dinner" vouchers to season ticket holders as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience caused by fixtures being moved. Don't know about anyone else but usually eat my dinner at a table and use cutlery, if it's a meal deal from the kiosk just call it that!

Everyone is terrible, but England are the least terrible of the 6. I'll be disappointed if we don't win a Grand Slam this time.

I think Scotland really should be beating France next time out. I didn't see the France v Ireland game, but they were woeful against both Italy and Wales. Even the pundits have dropped the 'mercurial French' cliche, as they've been crap since the 2011 World Cup.

Spot on. The whole 'which French side will turn up' guff hasn't been mentioned for a while for a good reason, they're absolutely appalling. Mostly due to their domestic game being flooded by foreign players, it's been a while since they've produced another Yauzion, Dusotoir or Clerc who were/are all world class players. If we don't follow this win up with a win against them, and a win against a severely depleted Irish side, then this 6N will be a failure.

As for England I think they'll beat Wales and then ultimately the grand slam. They've been disciplined and taken opportunities well, which seemingly is enough to win the tournament this year.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Edinburgh v Connacht match last night, Edinburgh going down 28-23 in the end. Special mention for the young Welsh ref Ben Whitehouse, thought he was excellent, good communication all through the game.

Edited by peasy23

Thoroughly enjoyed the Edinburgh v Connacht match last night, Edinburgh going down 28-23 in the end. Special mention for the young Welsh ref Ben Whitehouse, thought he was excellent, good communication all through the game.

He's already a far better ref than his old man ever was.

I was at the game. Bad mistake from Bennett from an otherwise accomplished 1st half display. Shame we couldn't get the bonus point but we got the win which is the important thing. 2nd half was a bit more ordinary from the Warriors but Cardiff being far better on the 2nd half played a part on that IMHO.

Glenn Bryce is also away to Edinburgh at the end of the season sadly. However there are rumours that Zebre winger Leonardo Sarto is joining for next season.

Thought Bryce did well yesterday when he came on. As you say Cardiff were much better after the break but 20-0 at half time didn't flatter the Warriors at all considering how dominant they had been. Fagerson was superb in the first half.

Dunbar, Brown and Pyrgos have been added to the Scotland squad. Matt Scott is an injury doubt. Cowan and Maitland have not been recalled after recovering from injury. Both Cowan and Maitland have played played in London Irish's last two games after being ruled out of the Italy game with a concussion and thigh injury.