Rugby Union

kiwififer

Can Scotland beat France at Murrayfield today?

My last Scotland v France game was the time we won against the odds and scored a couple of tries in the process. Hopefully I'm a lucky mascot. Anyway, thoughts?

Unbelievably, Scotland are marginal favourites...

Overall so far as much as it pains me to say it England have been the best team, not quite as one dimensional as they have been, but still unspectacular. They are good, but dont have the backs to be a great team yet

The Welsh playing Warrenball got slaughtered, it wasn't until the last 10 minutes that they started to play, and that is the best 10 minutes of rugby from any team in the 6 nations so far, just ahead of the 10 minutes Scotland put in against Wales after losing the first try.

The welsh really need to vary their tactics as at the moment they are very predictable, they have great backs (apart from Cuthbert who had a shocker) and really should use them more. England on the other hand have backs who are very average but caused Wales problems as they were getting quick ball out to them.

Think all the confidence has gone from the Italian side and fear for them next week. They have played some good rugby in patches, but defensively they look poor. I had said to a mate during the game against us last time out, that they look like a Scotland team from a few seasons ago, can have loads of possession and territory, batter away at the line for 10 - 15 minutes, but never look like scoring, then will lose tries from nothing.

However yesterday's 2 games were a vast improvemenet on some of the games so far, the last round, apart from Scotland v Italy the other 2 games were some of most boring games I have ever watched! 

Edited by honestly united

Overall so far as much as it pains me to say it England have been the best team, not quite as one dimensional as they have been, but still unspectacular. They are good, but dont have the backs to be a great team yet

The Welsh playing Warrenball got slaughtered, it wasn't until the last 10 minutes that they started to play, and that is the best 10 minutes of rugby from any team in the 6 nations so far, just ahead of the 10 minutes Scotland put in against Wales after losing the first try.

The welsh really need to vary their tactics as at the moment they are very predictable, they have great backs (apart from Cuthbert who had a shocker) and really should use them more. England on the other hand have backs who are very average but caused Wales problems as they were getting quick ball out to them.

Think all the confidence has gone from the Italian side and fear for them next week. They have played some good rugby in patches, but defensively they look poor. I had said to a mate during the game against us last time out, that they look like a Scotland team from a few seasons ago, can have loads of possession and territory, batter away at the line for 10 - 15 minutes, but never look like scoring, then will lose tries from nothing.

However yesterday's 2 games were a vast improvemenet on some of the games so far, the last round, apart from Scotland v Italy the other 2 games were some of most boring games I have ever watched!

I missed both games yesterday but I've felt there have been a lot of poor matches in this six nations.

Only going by the highlights, but Wales did their usual of trying to batter their way through the middle and got nowhere. England targeted Cuthbert and his defensive frailties were shown up.

I can never get my head round why Wales don't get their backs into the game more. They told you one fact on 5live the other week after they had beaten France. Jonathan Davies at 13 did not throw a single pass in the whole match. I find that stunning.

Brian Moore hit the nail on the head with this tweet earlier.

"Scot v France- Please stop saying we don't know which French side will turn up today. We do; it will be the big, ponderous and unsubtle one."

If Scotland's set piece can function like it did against Italy then I fancy us to win.

Opened telling us that England could win the Championship today, and showed 15mins of highlights from the England game, which they are now reviewing.

To be fair they did mention last night that the show started at 2 with highlights of the two games from yesterday, then the build up to today's match.

Anybodies game at the moment, great to watch. Horne has been excellent since he came on and Hogg is a superstar. Disappointing to lose the try at the end though. Need a big second half, we really need to win this.