Rugby Union

kiwififer

Huge amounts of panic this morning with reports of the wales game being postponed to 31st Oct along with the France Ireland, but thankfully its still going ahead as planned.

Not that it would have stopped my trip to Cardiff, but the welsh fans are usually a decent bunch and although the game itself is usually a dissapointment going to the stadium keeps you out hte pub for a bit!

I agree on Haining, I was skeptical when first selected but thought he was very god against Ireland and put in a better shift against France. He's the kind of hard running ball carrier we have been crying out for for years - I cant rememeber the last proper 8 we had - Strauss flattered to deceive, before that you have to go back to Jason White and he was more of a blindside.

Haining has been excellent since he joined Edinburgh. It's odd that he was surplus to requirements at Bristol. Edinburgh now have the 4 Scotland  match day back rows plus the next man up in Crosbie plus the two best prospects in Darge and Boyle. And Carmichael who can play 6. And Mata who may be moved on to free up some wages. 

All the football will be on this weekend so there's no justification for cancelling Scotland versus Wales. 

NRL gets underway tonight with the Parramatta Eels v Canterbury Bulldogs at Bankwest Stadium. Tomorrow it’s Canberra Raiders v Gold Coast Titans & Qld derby Cowboys v Broncos at the Cowboys new Queensland Country Bank Stadium in Townsville. Saturday has Newcastle Knights v NZ Warriors, South Sydney Rabbitohs v Cronulla Sharks and Penrith Panthers v Roosters. First round finishes on Sunday with Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm and St George Dragons v Wests Tigers.

3 changes for Scotland this week, McInally and Brown swap places, as do Skinner comes in for Cummings, and Bradbury comes in for Haining who misses out due to illness with Fagerson promoted to the bench 

There’s no way this will go ahead, surely?

On 09/03/2020 at 16:35, honestly united said:

Huge amounts of panic this morning with reports of the wales game being postponed to 31st Oct along with the France Ireland, but thankfully its still going ahead as planned.

Not that it would have stopped my trip to Cardiff, but the welsh fans are usually a decent bunch and although the game itself is usually a dissapointment going to the stadium keeps you out hte pub for a bit!

I agree on Haining, I was skeptical when first selected but thought he was very god against Ireland and put in a better shift against France. He's the kind of hard running ball carrier we have been crying out for for years - I cant rememeber the last proper 8 we had - Strauss flattered to deceive, before that you have to go back to Jason White and he was more of a blindside.

David Denton? Sadly cut down by injury. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

They wait all week until Friday afternoon....when thousands have already travelled.....and then postpone the game. 

That redefines that phrase 'utter fucking stupidity'.  It should have been done at the beginning of the week. 

Disgusting. 

They wait all week until Friday afternoon....when thousands have already travelled.....and then postpone the game. 
That redefines that phrase 'utter fucking stupidity'.  It should have been done at the beginning of the week. 
Disgusting. 
Cardiff is heaving already, pub I'm in us rammed, probably more chance of catching something in here than at the game