Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Cam Redpath ruptured his ACL playing for Bath and faces a lengthy spell out.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/breaking-bath-rugby-star-cam-5456388

Bad news.

3 hours ago, GAD said:

Looks like Ashman has been offered a spot on the England and the Scotland tour this summer, but is committing to Scotland. Good stuff!

Good news.

Looks like we're losing out on Bevan Rodd, a 20 year old looshead born in Scotland and starting regularly for Sale, in the opposite direction. But given I knew very little about him until a week or so ago and we need Ashman more long term, I'll be happy with just the latter.

Niko Matawalu and Alex Allan are both leaving Glasgow at the end of the season. Also Aki Seiuli and TJ loane have received call ups for the Manu Samoa side to play the All Blacks in July and Tonga later in the year in a RWC qualifier.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

We're getting ever closer to touch tbh. That penalty against Fagerson is absolutely ridiculous

TMO desperately trying to get him sent off as well.

Some of Glasgow's play is so brainless though. Penalty after penalty, and a lot of them coming when they have actually done ok at the jackal, but some arsehole is rolling about on the wrong side or comes flying in from the side for no fucking reason. Should be winning here.

Edited by GAD

The whole idea of it not being a penalty when a guy goes flying over the top of a ruck because his opponent "stepped back" is a fucking nonsense as well. Their whole argument is that they are trying to get people entering collisions with their head up and in control - if you f**k yourself miles over the top of a ruck, you were clearly never in control.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Stupid from Lambert there

Yeah, I feel it's the kind of thing I only ever see given against Scottish players though. Maro Itoje doing a full dance routine with Kyle Sinckler everytime there is a knock on doesn't get mentioned.

Edited by GAD