Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, qos_75 said:

South Africa are the masters of their own downfall here. Poor decision  making throughout.  A shit result for us.

7 forwards on the bench but no proper hooker, as they called a stand off into the squad to replacing Marks. Now, to be fair, that stand-off is their only decent goalkicker, so, of course, he's sitting in the stand, and they don't have anyone on the field who could kick their own arse.

I'm no fan of Ireland, but this is an absolute GIRFUY to the arrogance of Erasmus

3 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

A narrow Irish win pretty much fucks us doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Think so. Barring some bonkers result against a minnow.

We need to win our 3 remaining games with a BP in them all to get to 15.

If we prevent an Irish BP, they will only have 14. You'd also expect SA to get a BP against Tonga

4 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Think so. Barring some bonkers result against a minnow.

Aye,  I think we need bonus point wins in our last three games and hope SA and Ireland slip up somewhere, which I can’t see happening. 

a crap group for us but that’s just the way it goes, I suppose. 

All lining up well for Ireland tbf, the boks won't execute that poorly again. A game later and Pollard sinking those kicks and it's a different game.

We essentially need three near perfect games to rack up big scores against Tonga and Romania and comfortably beat Ireland. See you in 2027

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Aye,  I think we need bonus point wins in our last three games and hope SA and Ireland slip up somewhere, which I can’t see happening. 

a crap group for us but that’s just the way it goes, I suppose. 

If we win all three games with a BP/beat Tonga & Romania with a BP and beat Ireland by 8 then we finish above Ireland regardless of what happens in South Africa v Tonga, but yes, we're fucked.

8 hours ago, The Golden God said:

I’m a complete idiot when it comes to rugby but surely to f**k South Africa’s try was a forward pass, looked forward in a real time and it didn’t even look close on replay. Is there a strange rule I am missing?

I thought exactly the samething.....wasn't even mentioned by the commentators.  In fact there was a check but it was for potential obstruction.  The throw out wide seemed to land 3 or 4 yards forward from where it started. At thetime Iwas happy for it to stand as it was looking likely to help Scotland

Well we're now into win or bust territory already today. 1 game into the pool. It is what it is, but it's a huge uphill task for Townsend and co.

It is extremely unlikely but I hope it can be done. Speaking with my Irish brother in law last night, the arrogance is off the scale with the route to the final set already. We would be happy to get through the pool.