Rugby Union

kiwififer

Have any of the Scots born players had any game time in the three games played?

Both have been huge. David Scott has done really well but Matty Russell has been outstanding. One of the players of the tournament for me (so far).

Edited by Christophe

Quarter final line up finalised

New Zealand v Scotland

Australia v USA

England v France

Samoa v Fiji

Ties to be played on 15/16/17 November

Great achievement for Scotland and USA to make it to this stage, neither have any great tradition in the sport.

Only England v France QF, unfortunately.

BBC's contract was for 1 game each matchday/round, plus 1 other match. Put another way, they've rights to 7 of the 28 ties.

In practice, that means them showing England each weekend in the groupstage, QF, SF (assuming they don't messup v France), plus the Final.

They used the final pick to show Wales-Italy on the opening weekend, a doubleheader with England-Australia in Cardiff.

On one hand it is poor that a World Cup, played here, with all 4 Home Nations present, isn't better-covered. On the otherhand RL is niche®.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Guest The Phoenix

Premier Sports have all the games. It's on Virgin Media Channel 551, I think you get it free on Virgin. I certainly seem to.

It's certainly free to view on Virgin at the moment.

Not sure if this is a taster to try and get folk to take out a subscription?

The Kiwis beat Scotland 40-4, which is a decent performance from Scotland. It's good that they got a try and hopefully the side can kick on from a hugely successful world cup. Having someone like Danny Brough leading the team is a massive plus.

Australia smashed USA 62-0 earlier.

Mental game yesterday between Italy and Fiji, Fiji had 4 players yellow carded in 8 minutes and at one stage were playing with 11 vs 15. Italy didn't concede a penalty until the last 10 minutes. Italy won 37-31.

I assume the ref had a good dinner last night.