Rugby Union

kiwififer

Yep, when we was fully fit he looked top notch. He only managed 13 games in his year at Bristol, scoring 7 tries. He has been unable to play since October.

I hope for his sake that it is nothing too serious. :(

Edited by peasy23

Our refs for the Six Nations are

France - Nigel Owens (WRU)

Wales - Glen Jackson (NZRU)

Italy - George Clancy (IRFU)

England - Romain Poite (FFR)

Ireland - Jérôme Garcès (FFR)

I am glad that we avoid Steve Walsh and Wayne Barnes. Glen Jackson is a new ref to me but is an ex fly half with 60 appearances for the Chiefs, 130 for Saracens and has played for the Maori All Blacks and the Baa-Baas

What's the story with the pitch at Scotstoun, do they have covers to keep the snow off. It looked in good condition last week after a week of rain and I'm assuming they must have some kind of covers in place?

Scotland's World Cup warm up games are against Ireland, Italy x2 and France. To be played on 4 consecutive Saturday's from August 15. Only home game is against Italy.

That can't possibly be the best preparation? All that flying for one thing, but they're not going to be facing anything they aren't used to. I sense disaster. Impending doom, if you will.

In other news, Ryan Grant's trial reports on the BBC are increasingly hilarious. My favourite line so far; "leave it out, Batman".

That can't possibly be the best preparation? All that flying for one thing, but they're not going to be facing anything they aren't used to. I sense disaster. Impending doom, if you will.

In other news, Ryan Grant's trial reports on the BBC are increasingly hilarious. My favourite line so far; "leave it out, Batman".

Yep, thought the choice of opposition was strange myself. South Africa takes care of itself, so I would have thought getting teams similar in stature and style to Samoa, Japan and the USA would have been the best preparation.

Yep, thought the choice of opposition was strange myself. South Africa takes care of itself, so I would have thought getting teams similar in stature and style to Samoa, Japan and the USA would have been the best preparation.

I think it is hard to get any of the SH teams or any of the NH one that don't play in the six nations to play warmup games in the build up to the World Cup.

I think it is hard to get any of the SH teams or any of the NH one that don't play in the six nations to play warmup games in the build up to the World Cup.

We had SA in 2007 at Murrayfield. Think it was SA, Italy and Ireland.

These games are more about gelling and not getting injured that anything else.

Good win for Glasgow today, but they will have to win against Bath in the final match to progress after Bath had a surprise bonus point win in Toulouse.

Aye. Gonna be tough. Bath look back to their best and a different proposition from the team that played at Scotstoun. I think we can say that Glasgow have done themselves and the Pro12 proud, but can't see them winning in Bath. Gonna need a lot of luck and the A+++ game.

Nico isn't good enough passer to start at scrum half, nor good enough on the wing. Miss his spark certainly, but not too worried about his departure.

Must start with Pyrgos next week. I don't think the Nico-Finn Russell combo works.

I suspect Warriors are looking at a list of potential scrum halfs for next season already hastened by Nicos departure. Wonder if some of the London Scottish boys might be on the radar although think they are both under contract- Jamie Stevenson is the former U20 who gets talked up.

We had SA in 2007 at Murrayfield. Think it was SA, Italy and Ireland.

These games are more about gelling and not getting injured that anything else.

Aye. Gonna be tough. Bath look back to their best and a different proposition from the team that played at Scotstoun. I think we can say that Glasgow have done themselves and the Pro12 proud, but can't see them winning in Bath. Gonna need a lot of luck and the A+++ game.

Nico isn't good enough passer to start at scrum half, nor good enough on the wing. Miss his spark certainly, but not too worried about his departure.

Must start with Pyrgos next week. I don't think the Nico-Finn Russell combo works.

I suspect Warriors are looking at a list of potential scrum halfs for next season already hastened by Nicos departure. Wonder if some of the London Scottish boys might be on the radar although think they are both under contract- Jamie Stevenson is the former U20 who gets talked up.

Agree with you on Niko. I wonder if Sean Kennedy will be moved to Glasgow, he was impressive in his previous loan spell and seems to have lost his way at Edinburgh.

Mike Blair will be out of contract at Newcastle in the summer. He'll be 34 but might be worth a season, given Pyrgos could well be away during World Cup and Six Nations time.

He will be missed although we have decent back up on the wing in DTH, Seymour and Lamont.

I think we are going to have to get used to losing big name players every year as firstly, most of the other countries have more money to spend due to higher attendances, sponshirsip etc but also with only 2 scottish pro teams we have to move players on if we want youngsters to come through. In the last few years Richie Grey moves on and his brother gets more game time, this year Jackson moved so Russell and Weir get game time.

Its always going to be the way until we can either set up another Pro team or can set up a proper semi pro / full time pro top division in Scotland

He will be missed although we have decent back up on the wing in DTH, Seymour and Lamont.

I think we are going to have to get used to losing big name players every year as firstly, most of the other countries have more money to spend due to higher attendances, sponshirsip etc but also with only 2 scottish pro teams we have to move players on if we want youngsters to come through. In the last few years Richie Grey moves on and his brother gets more game time, this year Jackson moved so Russell and Weir get game time.

Its always going to be the way until we can either set up another Pro team or can set up a proper semi pro / full time pro top division in Scotland

DTH isn't under contract yet. A must sign.Lamont is also not a long term solution- need to find another winger. Maitland seems to drift through games, not a player that would spark but very classy and for most stats he is top of all wingers at Glasgow.

I agree with the youngsters coming through line, always been the way although we do need continuity in there to build a successful team. France and England have a lot of money like you say and don't bother to enforce salary caps. The Pro12 and SRU funding at least allows us to compete.

Glasgow also loaned Connor Braid at 10 to London Scottish for experience under the rules that he comes back for the 6N games.