Rugby Union

kiwififer

The carrying from Italy today reminds me of a game with them from a few years ago when their back row attacked from deep and just rampaged through our tacklers. They have bigger carriers in the back row for sure, but they seem to carry at a pace and with an organization which our forwards rarely manage and I think it's something we can improve on along with our general attacking play.

The year in a nutshell for me there - good defence, variable set piece, not playing to the ref enough, good execution at times, not enough creativity. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The carrying from Italy today reminds me of a game with them from a few years ago when their back row attacked from deep and just rampaged through our tacklers. They have bigger carriers in the back row for sure, but they seem to carry at a pace and with an organization which our forwards rarely manage and I think it's something we can improve on along with our general attacking play.

The year in a nutshell for me there - good defence, variable set piece, not playing to the ref enough, good execution at times, not enough creativity. 

I didn't think the defence was very good today, comparative to recent games anyway. I'd need to see the stats, but I expect our missed tackles was way up and our turnovers were way down. Obviously the second one was partly affected by something we are not allowed to talk about, and probably by Ritchie's injury as well, but the missed tackles were disappointing.

They were impressive early on but they continually run out of steam late in games which has to be partly down to their early intensity. 

Fagerson, Cummings, Price and DVDM all excellent there. All the social media diddies that moaned about Price for years should be eating some humble pie.