Rugby Union

kiwififer

Guest Bob Mahelp
24 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Andy Nicol voicing the same concerns as many on here about the lack of young Scottish players coming through at both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Is it not the case that many of the Edinburgh/Glasgow youngers have been farmed out to the Super6 sides ?

I'll give you though that when you see the likes of Harley, Wilson, Horne, Grigg et al still churning out average performances for Glasgow, you start to wonder where the replacement talent is. 

On a side note, Glasgow facing a real arse rimming here. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

That first scrum penalty for Glasgow looks like a real outlier. 

It looks very much like Exeter get a drive on before the ball even comes in though. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That first scrum penalty for Glasgow looks like a real outlier. 

It looks very much like Exeter get a drive on before the ball even comes in though. 

Their back row all popped up in the first scrum expecting the ball to go which gave us the nudge I think. The last scrum was going forward before the put in.

Not sure why they didn’t look at Simmonds hit on Turner.  And how is it not a knock on if you pick the ball up 4 feet in front of where you lost it?

Regardless of all that we are being outclassed / shit fested.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Men against boys here....truly one of the of the most one sided games I've watched in a  long time. I don't think that Glasgow have spent any time at all in Exeter's 22. 

I know that they're playing the best side in Europe, but Glasgow have really went backwards at an amazing pace over the last 18 months or so. Awful. 

Men against boys here....truly one of the of the most one sided games I've watched in a  long time. I don't think that Glasgow have spent any time at all in Exeter's 22. 
I know that they're playing the best side in Europe, but Glasgow have really went backwards at an amazing pace over the last 18 months or so. Awful. 
Usually look for any sort of positives even in defeats, but there's been very little that you could praise today. Huw Jones has looked lively since he came on, that's about it.

Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

SRU. Hang your head in shame

Our professional clubs do seem to be remarkably uncompetitive at this moment in time. 

Our professional clubs do seem to be remarkably uncompetitive at this moment in time. 
Time for Dodson to show why he is worth a basic wage worth almost 3 times what his Irish equivalent earns, and that's before you add the bonuses that took him up to over 900k last year.

If you analyse this season, we got a good win against France, but arguably could have lost if not for sending off. We beat a shite Wales team (not in Cardiff) with no crowd in close game. Our two Pro teams are awful and Glasgow, shining becon for years, pumped 42 0.
Appreciate I come across as negative on this thread but I am really struggling to find any positives for the present or future of rugby in our country.