Rugby Union

kiwififer

On 07/02/2021 at 14:46, GAD said:

It doesn't sound like they discussed it at all to be honest, some of them didn't seem to realise what was going on. Also, there may not have been many black players to play for Scotland (Ansbro and Marfo only ones I can think off the top of my head), but all those players play with black or minority players at their club every week.

It'll be interesting to see what the reaction is next week now if they all do take a knee.

Just noticed this as it's the first time I've come to this thread since last week.

Yeah, when the story came out it wasn't what we thought at all. I do wonder why rugby isn't taking the same approach as football though. That's a question for the authorities, not the players.

Just now, GordonS said:

Just noticed this as it's the first time I've come to this thread since last week.

Yeah, when the story came out it wasn't what we thought at all. I do wonder why rugby isn't taking the same approach as football though. That's a question for the authorities, not the players.

Willis took a knee.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't have an issue with outlawing stuff like the croc roll.

My question would be "How do you then legitimately clear someone who is jackling"?

Something I've been complaining about for years and years.

"Law 15.3: Players involved in all stages of the ruck must have their heads and shoulders no lower than their hips. Sanction: Free-kick."

Players are in the position to get injured because their backs are the target rather than their shoulders or chest. It's amazing to realise that jackling basically isn't allowed in the first place. If everyone in the ruck was in a legal position I doubt these injuries would happen, and you couldn't have defenders come crashing in because they'd be running the risk of hitting a head.