Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Bloody hell, a bit of quick thinking and they actually score.

I would genuinely put this up with the 90 point horsing from Leicester as one of the worst ever Glasgow performances and results.

Absolutely. To think we moaned during the Townsend and Rennie years as well. We've signed all these players for next season, but it's not going to make much difference in this current set up.

Wouldn't be surprised if Benneton finish on 50+.

Just now, GAD said:

Absolutely. To think we moaned during the Townsend and Rennie years as well. We've signed all these players for next season, but it's not going to make much difference in this current set up.

Wouldn't be surprised if Benneton finish on 50+.

I reckon only their goalkicking might stop them making 50

I don't think reds make matches dead rubbers either. Scotland beat France without Finn and Scotland v Wales was decided by a point.
Anyway, we'll see how the trial goes.

Russell got his red in the 71st minute so it was effectively a yellow and Baptiste Serin went off for a yellow in the 74th

The one against Wales was 26 minutes from the end so it wasn’t too dissimilar from what’s being proposed and that handed victory to a shit Wales team

A Red Card in the first half is a lot more likely to render the rest of the game meaningless as a competition

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Russell got his red in the 71st minute so it was effectively a yellow and Baptiste Serin went off for a yellow in the 74th

The one against Wales was 26 minutes from the end so it wasn’t too dissimilar from what’s being proposed and that handed victory to a shit Wales team

A Red Card in the first half is a lot more likely to render the rest of the game meaningless as a competition

Fair enough. I still think the impact is overstated, but I also think it should have a big impact where the offence is something that endangers an opponent.

Rugby fans are more reserved than football fans but we still care. If Scotstoun was full the boos would deafen. Today was worse than losing at the Southern Kings. 

Benneton looked good but have only won twice and "drew" once all season. Glasgow made them look excellent. Benneton are the better Italian team and they're stuffy at home but that Glasgow team should be looking for a BP win. We have top players who should be far better. This is a coaching issue. 

We still need to give Danny Wilson a shot at next season as he's bringing his own signings. He'll get a full pre season with his own players and staff. However if it's going tits up again at Xmas there'll be no excuses. Al Kellock's the new chief exec who's won the Pro12 so he'll want success. 

In fairness our scrum was good and in the last 20 mins we were the better team and we scored 3 tries. However you can't wait till when you're 38-0 down to get asses in gear. Discipline was a bit better today probs because TJ Ioane wasn't playing but it's still the worst in the league. That needs overhauled next season. 

I don't see many top players today. The front row and Sam Johnson but the rest of the team is either past it, out of form or unproven. Gray and Harley are both ready for the knackers yard, Lokotui is a journeyman, George Horne has regressed and Nick Grigg is taking the piss out of his team mates carrying so much blubber. 

I think Glasgow will be stuck with Wilson but if they don't sign a couple of locks next season will look a lot like today regardless of who is in charge. 

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Mike Blair to be interim head coach for Scotland's summer tour to face Romania and Georgia in July, Pete Murchie going as an assistant coach.

There's going to be an A international before the 2 games. Opponents still to be announced. 

See Tommy Seymour has retired from rugby. I thought he was a great player at his peak, massively underrated outside of Scotland as well.

In other news George North is out of the Lions. Probably boosts Chris Harris' chances of getting on the plane.

See Tommy Seymour has retired from rugby. I thought he was a great player at his peak, massively underrated outside of Scotland as well.
In other news George North is out of the Lions. Probably boosts Chris Harris' chances of getting on the plane.
Seymour's one of the all time greats at Glasgow. Hope he enjoys life after playing, he's certainly earned it.
Fantastic player for club, country and the Lions. Played a huge part in the Warrriors best years and you would think he must have had offers to go elsewhere.