Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, Grant228 said:

Scotland under 20's getting scudded by Italy, doesn't bode well for the future. 

To an extent, but the age grade programme was absolutely fucked by COVID.  Physically, these guys are a year behind where they need to be, before you even get near their skills. This year was a write-off before it even started TBH

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

To an extent, but the age grade programme was absolutely fucked by COVID.  Physically, these guys are a year behind where they need to be, before you even get near their skills. This year was a write-off before it even started TBH

You've lost me a bit there mate, surely every country has had covid? 

France are rattled here. We've profited from a couple of these in recent years where they lose composure and start doing really stupid things. Wales have a big chance here.
Yeh, even although we were well beaten at Murrayfield at 17 12 HT vs a 10-19HT would have had them rattled. Keep France close you always have a chance and they may implode

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

You've lost me a bit there mate, surely every country has had covid? 

My point is that the national age grade programme stopped almost entirely, with the exception of a handful of guys who were in the extended pro squads. The guys moving up to U-20 from U-18 have missed out on an entire year of their S&C, which is the main area we fall behind at U-20, where our guys are generally smaller than every other country. The academy programmes have only recently started back full time in Scotland as well, which could mean next year will be pretty tough as well.

The other thing to remember is that this Italy U-20 team beat England a month ago, while we took a bit of a pounding from England.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

Am I wrong or is Marchand throwing the ball in "wrong"? It's like he's throwing it too slow, low and flat. 

It's definitely odd. He's done it so often, it seemed like it must have been a tactic. He has 20 or so caps, I can't remember his throwing ever being that shite before