Rugby Union

kiwififer

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 minutes ago, Detournement said:
If we get the pen from Price it's 13-19 and game on.They have had three tries which shouldn't have stood. 
They are better but it's possible to beat the better team.

This is wishful thinking, Frances bench is unreal, sour grapes....we have been hammered. Men against boys today im afraid.

Aye the last 20 minutes was a phony war but it's impossible to win if the ref does you dirty like that. 

As I said to JLD for once not blaming the coaches for that one. Breakdown and attack still needs a lot of work but our own set piece was a lot better and we looked more threatening. 

Individual mistakes cost us a lot, the two butchered first half chances in particular. France had a lot of quality.

But I can forgive the players for losing the head a bit given that refereeing performance. Both of the two key tries should have been Scottish penalties, countless lineout infringements by France that ended with a french penalty or turnover, countless turnover penalties with the jackal on his knees, or hands going beyond the ball, or a tackler lying about preventing a clearout. 

Hogg sounds pissed, talking about not showing what we can do. The conspiratorial side of me thinks there's a bit of unrest about the playing style and imo rightly so to an extent 

I usually hate when everyone complains relentlessly about the ref and blames our sun-par performance on them, but that was absolutely disgraceful. Undoubtedly made it impossible for us to do anything.

That being said, France were clearly better, and not scoring a 4 on 1 chance right before HT is unacceptable. Harris cost us any chance of getting anything out of that game.

I’m not a huge rugby fan from the point of view that I can’t quite explain the ins and outs of what on earth is going on in the rucks/scrums/mauls and why certain penalties are given, but I do enjoy watching the Scotland games and other internationals.

Can one of you who understands the game better explain something to me. It seems to me that us conceding 12 penalties today was a pretty major factor in the fact we received such a pumping. Could we not have just, erm, not broken the rules on those 12 occasions? Or were those rule breaks the only thing preventing them running in more tries anyway?