Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

As bad as they've been for a long time.

Possibly even since before they joined the Rugby Championship

My minor hope here is that the rugby championship has been overrated and they are all shite.

Is this the biggest bottling ever at the World Cup? There have been worse scorelines even today, but that has usually been because teams have simply been outclassed and/or have tired near the end (Romania massively tired near the end today, which contributed to Ireland running in even more tries than they already had, likewise Italy and Namibia).

Argentina should fly home and forfeit their remaining matches.

Edited by DA Baracus

Rope a dope by a dreadful England team. Did Argentina put 2 phases together until the last 5 mins? England didn’t have to do anything, just wait for Arg to mess up. I thought Reynal was evening things up a bit by calling every minor thing as well, but that was as absolutely inept by Argentina. The laugh is England will now convince themselves they are half decent.

England were very comfortable, but there's absolutely no way to assess how good or otherwise they are.

That must have been one of the easiest, least challenging games England have had in a long time.

After the red they were massively disciplined. They didn't need to move up gears so didn't. I'm sure before the game they thought they had to put everything on the line and claw and scrap, but they never banked on Argentina being quite pish.

When they realised they could play for penalties and/or drop goals (but mainly the former), they did so and did it incredibly effectively. It's not an insult to England to say that they didn't need to be that good. 

England will be absolutely delighted at the win, the margin of the win, the ease of the win, how their players didn't need to expend themselves too much and how they got out with no injuries. Their only issue will be the red card.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Snobot said:

Rope a dope by a dreadful England team. Did Argentina put 2 phases together until the last 5 mins? England didn’t have to do anything, just wait for Arg to mess up. I thought Reynal was evening things up a bit by calling every minor thing as well, but that was as absolutely inept by Argentina. The laugh is England will now convince themselves they are half decent.

Yup. Spawny run to the Semis playing nobody but pub teams, glorious heroic failure, knighthoods and MBE's dished out left and right, runners up to the "Lionesses" in BBC Team of the Year, and they'll still have the cheek to turn around and lord it over Scotland who will likely no get past Ireland and South Africa.

12 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

That’s more of a red than Curry.  He was never getting to that kick, hadn’t even jumped when Ford had kicked it.

The tackle laws are fvkcking arse!

I'm not going to pretend to know much about the tackling laws and I watched the game last night purely to see Argentina pump England. 

For me Curry's red card was soft, I thought it was accidental. 

Argentina were very disappointing, not just because they failed to beat England but they barely laid a glove on them. England didn't even need to be good, just solid and disciplined. Of course they'll now think they'll win the full thing!

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

England were very comfortable, but there's absolutely no way to assess how good or otherwise they are.

That must have been one of the easiest, least challenging games England have had in a long time.

After the red they were massively disciplined. They didn't need to move up gears so didn't. I'm sure before the game they thought they had to put everything on the line and claw and scrap, but they never banked on Argentina being quite pish.

When they realised they could play for penalties and/or drop goals (but mainly the former), they did so and did it incredibly effectively. It's not an insult to England to say that they didn't need to be that good. 

England will be absolutely delighted at the win, the margin of the win, the ease of the win, how their players didn't need to expend themselves too much and how they got out with no injuries. Their only issue will be the red card.

I think amidst all the hysteria in the reaction to the game, this was a point Ugo Moyne was kind of trying to make but was mostly getting shouted over, but there is no way of knowing if England's attack for example is any good, because they didn't have one. Ford was brilliant and England managed the game well, but Argentina never fired a shot. Also, whilst England's defence was decent, I'd say again it wasn't fully tested because a huge number of turnovers were unforced errors rather than great defensive work.