Rugby Union

kiwififer

Gutted I missed this due to work. However seeing the look on the face of one of the residents when I told him the score more than made up for it.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Inability of an Irishman to see the bottom of the ball for the grass cost us the victory versus France.

That decision/non-decision would likely never have been an issue had the penalty decisions been better managed, so I'm not accepting that decision/non-decision as an excuse.

Similar thing happened in the Ireland v Wales game today when it was likely that Wales scored a second try at 17-7, but there was no angle that conclusively proved the ball had been grounded.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

That decision/non-decision would likely never have been an issue had the penalty decisions been better managed, so I'm not accepting that decision/non-decision as an excuse.

Similar thing happened in the Ireland v Wales game today when it was likely that Wales scored a second try at 17-7, but there was no angle that conclusively proved the ball had been grounded.

The difference is that there was an angle that conclusively proved the ball had been grounded for us v France. And an extra 3 points wouldn’t have won us the game. But the try at the end literally won it. Literally.

31 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Again, I think this is a bad take. 

If the situation is that with 79 minutes on the clock, you need a score to win the match, and you build an attack to the point where one of your players crosses the line and grounds the ball, then you have, very literally done what it required of you to win the match. That an utterly wild sequence of events from the referees denied you that doesn't necessitate this hindsight "should have/could have" nonsense. There's no should or could. We did, and were somehow denied. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Again, I think this is a bad take. 

If the situation is that with 79 minutes on the clock, you need a score to win the match, and you build an attack to the point where one of your players crosses the line and grounds the ball, then you have, very literally done what it required of you to win the match. That an utterly wild sequence of events from the referees denied you that doesn't necessitate this hindsight "should have/could have" nonsense. There's no should or could. We did, and were somehow denied. 

With every respect to you Bairnardo, you've missed the point of my post.

I’m still quite annoyed at Wales not scoring near the end and then conceding the bonus point try when they had an extra man. The likelihood is Ireland will beat England with a bonus point and that’s them won the championship. 

10 hours ago, The Golden God said:

A Grand Slam showdown on St Patrick’s weekend in Dublin would have been incredible. f**k the refs and the French. 

Barclay was asked yesterday if he was over the France game.  He replied he was over it in the same way England were over the hand of god goal.

When we (probably) lose to Ireland that will put it to bed but occasionally I’ll think “what if the grand slam was on the line?”.

I don't blame the French.  it was sod all to do with them.

I honestly think if we beat Italy then Ireland I'll be fucking sick. Imagine we beat Ireland now, after all those losses, then go and lose to them every game for the next ten years? So Scottish.