Rugby Union

kiwififer

One of the teams I played with tried to convert me to hooker. Never happening. Mind you, the same team decided to play me at inside centre after I dislocated my shoulder for the 97th time so...

As a prop I played for chesterfield in 99 having not played or trained for 4 years...after coming on as sub they offered me a place at 10.....in same conversation coach told me he couldn't understand why they'd had 5 relegations in a row!!! They were drinking pints before the match! Re fixtures next season all 3 of our grand slams were achieved with the home games v England n France but our last 5n win was the opposite.

OK. Rte give Scotland 1 lion, Wales and Ireland 4 each and England 6

The England game will be Gatland's get out of jail card. I still hope that we have minimal players picked because it's gonna be a shoeing. Never mind all blacks the provincial guys get one shot every 12 years to hit lions....could be a really horrible tour. Would rather see our guys with toony for our tour so we start pushing forward.

The England game will be Gatland's get out of jail card. I still hope that we have minimal players picked because it's gonna be a shoeing. Never mind all blacks the provincial guys get one shot every 12 years to hit lions....could be a really horrible tour. Would rather see our guys with toony for our tour so we start pushing forward.

NZ Lions tours are always very physical affairs, I reckon if and when injuries occur we will see a few extra Scots drafted in as we'll be touring Aus and will be closer than the other home nation players.

NZ Lions tours are always very physical affairs, I reckon if and when injuries occur we will see a few extra Scots drafted in as we'll be touring Aus and will be closer than the other home nation players.

True....but being selfish I'd rather our players were learning from toony than gatland. He's no plan b and has an appalling record v sh sides.

46 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

One of the teams I played with tried to convert me to hooker. Never happening. Mind you, the same team decided to play me at inside centre after I dislocated my shoulder for the 97th time so...

What position do you play with a fucked shoulder?  The best I can think of is full back and hope you never have to put a tackle in.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

What position do you play with a fucked shoulder?  The best I can think of is full back and hope you never have to put a tackle in.

Goodness knows. Didn't help that it was my left shoulder and I'm left handed. Also doesn't help that I enjoy a good tackle.

To add - in the 56th minute, Brive brought on a man with the biggest arse I have ever seen. 63rd minute, straight red for clotheslining someone. Good effort.

4 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Goodness knows. Didn't help that it was my left shoulder and I'm left handed. Also doesn't help that I enjoy a good tackle.

To add - in the 56th minute, Brive brought on a man with the biggest arse I have ever seen. 63rd minute, straight red for clotheslining someone. Good effort.

Bigger than Iain Milne's?  Now The Bear was a man who could plant a scrum.

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Romania could yet win REC 2017.

Decider v Georgia tomorrow.

EDIT: IMO the scores of 2yrs tournaments (i.e. 10 games) should be aggregated - then bottom of 6N and top of REC contest a 2-legged playoff in even-numbered Junes.

Im all in favour of having a play off its just how do you schedule it, with the new ruling on the test window, countries will have their fixtures booked way in advance - this year back in November we had the tour to Aus & fiji planned, if we had finished last we would have had to cancel to play a relegation play off, everyone else in the same boat. Also if you play outside the test window you have issues getting players released. 

Im all in favour of having a play off its just how do you schedule it, with the new ruling on the test window, countries will have their fixtures booked way in advance - this year back in November we had the tour to Aus & fiji planned, if we had finished last we would have had to cancel to play a relegation play off, everyone else in the same boat. Also if you play outside the test window you have issues getting players released. 

The only way I can see it working is have every 6 Nation side leave one weekend free in the Autumn international window. and when you know who is playing the playoff the rest can fill that weekend

18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

By closing the pits?  Wasn't that down to the Scotsman Ian MacGregor?

'a' and 'an' as articles before a soft 'h'?  I'd say 'an 'otel'..but 'a hurricane'?  Isn't that how everyone speaks?

I'm obviously lacking the knowledge of what makes an aitch soft. I would say Horrendous, not 'orrendous, for example.  I would also say Hotel not 'otel. 

OED and Cambridge appear to agree with me on pronouncing these words (i.e. using an aspirate aitch) which I find surprising as I imagined it would be the Oxbridge types who would have difficulty manipulating their vocal chords to handle the change and therefore sticking in an enn. 

Apologies to sports fans for digressing into non-sporting realms. I'll stop now.