Rugby Union

kiwififer

I would assume that it will be similar to the last tour to oz and Pacific, we will get coverage of the Oz game as its likely to be TV their and sky will have the rights probably. The other 2 games will be highlights at best or maybe a stream somewhere, unless a Singapore TV company decides to pick it the Italy game, the last Fiji game their was just highlights

I would assume that it will be similar to the last tour to oz and Pacific, we will get coverage of the Oz game as its likely to be TV their and sky will have the rights probably. The other 2 games will be highlights at best or maybe a stream somewhere, unless a Singapore TV company decides to pick it the Italy game, the last Fiji game their was just highlights

Mmm not too sure on that one. Pretty sure the last couple of times Scotland have played here it hasn't been on the TV.

Cheers for that. Would have been nice if the bbc had spent a few quid supporting the sport but hey ho.

I'm fairly sure the game in Fiji in 2012 was televised by someone using a feed from Fijian TV. The whole game is on youtube, though I don't have sound at the moment to hear if the commentary says who it was. I suspect the Samoa game from that tour wasn't on TV.

ETA - Looking at kick off timing etc I might be thinking of a different game, or it may have been shown delayed the next morning instead of live.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Im sure the highlights from the Fiji game were on BBC or STV cant remember which, from what I remember it was just the tries (I think Visser on his first start for Scotland) in what was a relatively underwhelming game following the heroics of the week before to beat Australia in the pouring rain.

I thought we only played the 2 games on that tour, cant remember us playing Samoa.

Richie Gray and Sam Hidalgo-Clyne have been ruled out of the tour due to injury (back/illness for Grey and hamstring for SHC). Sean Kennedy has been called up to replace Hidalgo-Clyne with no one called up yet to replace Richie. The SRU website has the broadcast information for the tour as TBC but if the games are not picked up by TV they could show it on there YouTube channel the same as the U20s and women's six nations games

Richie Gray and Sam Hidalgo-Clyne have been ruled out of the tour due to injury (back/illness for Grey and hamstring for SHC). Sean Kennedy has been called up to replace Hidalgo-Clyne with no one called up yet to replace Richie. The SRU website has the broadcast information for the tour as TBC but if the games are not picked up by TV they could show it on there YouTube channel the same as the U20s and women's six nations games

Kennedy has had a quietly decent season n much as I've banged drum bout George Horne it's too early especially after the mileage he's put in recently. Shame for ritchie but swinson has certainly earned a crack at a starting spot.

Eta this is bad news for shc....the 9 slot is fully booked with guys for next rwc 2 years out. He doesn't need any other guys getting ahead of him in Q. Price is in pole position (hopefully toony sees that laidlaw has had his time) but Henry is still in mix albeit he's had a rough year n horne is sprinting up on the rails. Dunno what it is about us n finding tons of 2nd rows n scrum halfs but year after year we do.

On 2017-5-9 at 19:46, ajwffc said:

Vern has named the 15 players for his Barbarian team for the games v ENgland (May 28th) and Ulster (June 1st)

Backs: Bundee Aki (Connacht), Adam Ashley-Cooper (Bordeaux Begles & Australia), Yann David (Toulouse and France), Will Genia (Stade Francais & Australia), Maxime Medard (Toulouse & France), Ruan Pienaar (Ulster & South Africa), Charles Piutau (Ulster & New Zealand).

Forwards: Patricio Albacete (Toulouse & Argentina), Steffon Armitage (Pau & England), Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse & France), Corey Flynn (Glasgow Warriors & New Zealand), Facundo Isa (Lyon & Argentina), Census Johnston (Toulouse & Samoa), Joe Tekori (Toulouse & Samoa), Jeremy Thrush (Gloucester & New Zealand).

Pienarr and Piutau will only be with the Barbarians for the England Game 

the rest of the Babarian team has been named 

Backs: Horacio Agulla (Castres & Argentina), Adam Ashley-Cooper (Bordeaux Begles & Australia), Yann David (Toulouse and France), Kahn Fotuali’i (Bath Rugby & Samoa), Robbie Freuan (Bath Rugby), Rory Kockott (Castres & France), Ian Madigan (Bordeaux Begles & Ireland), Timoci Nagusa (Montpellier & Fiji), Waisea Nayacalavu (Stade Francais & Fiji), Ruan Pienaar (Ulster & South Africa), David Smith (Castres), Frans Steyn (Montpellier & South Africa).

Forwards: Patricio Albacete (Toulouse & Argentina), Steffon Armitage (Pau & England), Schalk Brits (Saracens & South Africa), Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse & France), Corey Flynn (Star RFC & New Zealand), Ben Franks (London Irish & New Zealand), Gillian Galan (Toulouse), Richard Hibbard (Gloucester & Wales), Facundo Isa (Lyon & Argentina), Census Johnston (Toulouse & Samoa), Mikheil Nariashvili (Montpellier & Georgia), WP Nel (Edinburgh & Scotland), Mike Ross (Leinster & Ireland), Joe Tekori (Toulouse & Samoa), Jeremy Thrush (Gloucester & New Zealand).

On 2017-5-9 at 20:36, ajwffc said:

I posted this in MArch

As it stands the now 

For Americas 2,3 the 2017 CONSUR Rugby Championship "A" has just kicked off (1 game has been played) and will finish at the end of May

For Oceania 1,2,3 at the Half way stage it is Fiji in 1st place with 2 wins Samoa in 2nd with 1 win and Tonga in 3rd with no wins. Tonga are at home to Samoa (July 1st) and Fiji (July 8th) with Samoa at home to Fiji (july 15th) for the last game.

For Oceania 4 the draw for the  2017 Oceania Rugby Cup has not been made yet but will take place in August.

Africa 1 will be one of Kenya, Namibia, Senegal, Tunisia, Uganda and Zimbabwe with this dropping down to 4 in August after the 2017 Gold cup  with the winner of the Gold Cup  2018 becoming Africa 1

Africa 2 will be the runner up of 2018 Gold Cup v winner of 2017 Silver cup (Botswana, Ivory Coast, Madagascar and Morocco)  

Europe 1 will be top team of combined  2017/2018 Rugby Europe Championship (Roumania, Spain, Russia, Germany and Belgium[could be eliminated on the 20th of May as they play Portugal  on May 20th in a relegation playoff])

Europe 2 runner up  team of combined  2017/2018 Rugby Europe Championship v winner of Hungry v Bosnia and  Herzegovina(played May 20th)/ Czech Republic v Malta(played May 20th) v Portugal (played November 2017) to be played in April/May 2018

Asia 1 will winner of 2018 Asia Rugby Championship one of Hong Kong, South Korea or the winner of the 2017 Asia Rugby Championship division 1A played between 14th and 20th of May(Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Philippians and UAE) 

update to the qualifying Africa and Asia have no change 

Americas the CONSUR Rugby Championship goes to the final game with Urugauy hosting Chile with the winner entering the playoff for Americas 2/3 

Europe Belgium won the playoff v Portugal so stay in the Rugby Europe Championship 

Czech Republic beat Malta and  Hungry beat  Bosnia and  Herzegovina so they play off on the 27th and the winner will play Portugal in November 

Oceania 4 will be the winner of the 2017 Oceania Rugby Cup and this will be a oneoff game between Cook Islands ant Tahiti on the 4th of August 

6 hours ago, ajwffc said:

the rest of the Babarian team has been named 

Backs: Horacio Agulla (Castres & Argentina), Adam Ashley-Cooper (Bordeaux Begles & Australia), Yann David (Toulouse and France), Kahn Fotuali’i (Bath Rugby & Samoa), Robbie Freuan (Bath Rugby), Rory Kockott (Castres & France), Ian Madigan (Bordeaux Begles & Ireland), Timoci Nagusa (Montpellier & Fiji), Waisea Nayacalavu (Stade Francais & Fiji), Ruan Pienaar (Ulster & South Africa), David Smith (Castres), Frans Steyn (Montpellier & South Africa).

Forwards: Patricio Albacete (Toulouse & Argentina), Steffon Armitage (Pau & England), Schalk Brits (Saracens & South Africa), Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse & France), Corey Flynn (Star RFC & New Zealand), Ben Franks (London Irish & New Zealand), Gillian Galan (Toulouse), Richard Hibbard (Gloucester & Wales), Facundo Isa (Lyon & Argentina), Census Johnston (Toulouse & Samoa), Mikheil Nariashvili (Montpellier & Georgia), WP Nel (Edinburgh & Scotland), Mike Ross (Leinster & Ireland), Joe Tekori (Toulouse & Samoa), Jeremy Thrush (Gloucester & New Zealand).

When did that happen and why did no-one tell us?

5 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

When did that happen and why did no-one tell us?

It is an amateur side in Invercargill that he started his carrier at he still has a year to go at Glasgow.

Also Junior Bulumakau is leaving Glasgow to join Doncaster Knights

Aye, that's what I thought - why not Warriors as his club, though? It was in the first list.

He might be wearing the socks from that side/or just put his 1st club down on the second list