Rugby Union

kiwififer

Scarlets and Leinster draw 10-10. Nigel Owens getting it tight from fans of both sides.

Not sure if that is a good or bad result for Edinburgh - maybe Leinster winning would have been better, but now 10 behind Scarlets and 13 behind Leinster with a game in hand on both.

Scarlets and Leinster draw 10-10. Nigel Owens getting it tight from fans of both sides.
Not sure if that is a good or bad result for Edinburgh - maybe Leinster winning would have been better, but now 10 behind Scarlets and 13 behind Leinster with a game in hand on both.
A 3rd place finish for Edinburgh is the best way to get an all Scottish final(assuming Glasgow top the other pool)

I have to say, I really have the fear today. It feels a lot like Twickenham did last year, though it seems like we've been written off far more than we were then. I think we need to be up going into the last 20. The Irish bench is strong, but I think ours is too, especially in the pack where it will really matter. The Irish guys at my work, whilst extremely and annoyingly confident, do think that if Ireland are going to shite it this year, it'll be here, rather than at Twickenham next week. I hope they are right.

Winning today would be arguably more satisfying than England. A big element of the Irish support are becoming unbearably arrogant and condescending now that they have a half decent team.  Short memories. I seem to recall their record v us was played 11, lost 10, drawn 1 between 1989 and 1999. Add in Earls-gate, standing leg-gate and you have plenty motivation.

I predict they will hoof the ball in the air, try to force knock ons, try to milk scrum penalties, kick to corner, driving maul from lineout, rinse and repeat. I just hope we can counter it and stay in the game.

1 hour ago, Snobot said:

Winning today would be arguably more satisfying than England. A big element of the Irish support are becoming unbearably arrogant and condescending now that they have a half decent team.  Short memories. I seem to recall their record v us was played 11, lost 10, drawn 1 between 1989 and 1999. Add in Earls-gate, standing leg-gate and you have plenty motivation.

I predict they will hoof the ball in the air, try to force knock ons, try to milk scrum penalties, kick to corner, driving maul from lineout, rinse and repeat. I just hope we can counter it and stay in the game.

You can add O'Gara's pre-match comments last year and Heaslip's behaviour at the World Cup draw to that as well.

I'm in full Kevin Keegan mode today.

Even when we play Italy, if it’s away from home, I’m never that confident of winning. I believe outside of Rome, we’ve only ever won two Six Nations games away? One each against Ireland and Wales.