Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Scotland lost to the All Blacks at the 7s but did score one of the tries of the tourney, a brilliant team move from deep in their own 22. They play France in the Challenge 1/4 final at 10 past midnight.

Russia not France and we are 10-5 up at HT 

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Getting ahead of myself. 7.44 pm according to the website?

it is 7.44pm/1944 was looking at my paperwork for next and put the wrong time down

The next leg is Canada next weekend
Oops. Missed that. Certainly clocking up the miles.

Pool for the Commonwealth Games is South Africa, Scotland, Papua New Guinea and Malaysia. Only the winner progresses to the medal matches, runner up goes into the 5th-8th classification matches, and the bottom 2 drop out altogether.

Oops. Missed that. Certainly clocking up the miles.

Pool for the Commonwealth Games is South Africa, Scotland, Papua New Guinea and Malaysia. Only the winner progresses to the medal matches, runner up goes into the 5th-8th classification matches, and the bottom 2 drop out altogether.
And then the World Cup in July

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Blair Cowan has moved to Saracens from relegation threatened London Irish.

He's been good this season.  Seems to be nowhere near the Scotland squad though. Is that due to a falling out with the SRU? I know Barclay, Watson and Wilson are well ahead of him now, but I'd have thought he'd at least have made the odd squad.

He's been good this season.  Seems to be nowhere near the Scotland squad though. Is that due to a falling out with the SRU? I know Barclay, Watson and Wilson are well ahead of him now, but I'd have thought he'd at least have made the odd squad.
Only see the highlights on ITV and he seems to have been playing well, pundits all spoke highly of him last night. They also said it pretty much shows that Irish have flung in the towel in the relegation fight.

Have to agree it is strange how both Cowan and Strauss have just gone completely off the radar for Scotland.

I thought Cowan had been in some of the recent squads? Or was that back in summer? He has been up against Barclay, Watson, hardy, Bradbury etc for a start, but I would have thought good enough to at least be in the squad
Must have been summer, he wasn't mentioned in the autumn.