Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Cant get enough of the win. Its just the fact we didn't snatch victory we were comfortably the better team. I would like to see a French victory next round against England for another delicious round of seethe.

This is also our most realistic route to the trophy now. France to beat England and us and England to beat Ireland. Provided we get a bonus point v Italy or Ireland don't get two losing bonus points that would win us it.

It's happening.

I think someone's citing went well

Haven't seen the outcome of his individual citing, but no action will be taken regarding the tunnel incident other than both unions being reminded about their responsibilities regarding the conduct of their players.

verdict in full

The Disciplinary Committee was chaired by Roger Morris (Wales), alongside Phaidra Knight (USA) and Olly Kohn (Wales).

The citing complaint against Wilson was for an alleged act of physical abuse (contact with the eye area of an opponent), an infringement of Law 9.12, in the 37th minute of the match.

He did not accept that he had committed an act of foul play.

The Disciplinary Committee, having viewed the video footage of the incident, considered all of the other evidence and heard representations by and on behalf of the player and Six Nations Rugby, found that the player had committed an act of foul play in that he had made contact (with two of his fingers) with the eye area (i.e. 'anywhere in close proximity to the eye' according to World Rugby's regulation 17) of his opponent.

However, the Disciplinary Committee accepted medical evidence adduced on the player's behalf to the effect that, due to a pre-existing injury, two of his fingers (his fourth and little finger on his right hand) were involuntarily in a bent or hooked position.

The Disciplinary Committee also considered that the contact with the eye area had been reckless (rather than intentional), light and fleeting, and had come about as a result of the player's attempts to grab his opponent's shirt during an off-the-ball scuffle with his opponent Nathan Hughes.

After careful consideration, the Disciplinary Committee did not conclude that the foul play had warranted a red card, and the citing was not upheld.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
https://twitter.com/Scotlandteam/status/968886959383904256
ETA: don't know why that didn't embed, but he's been cleared.

Expect much more English seethe. Pleasing.

Tom Harding is especially upset. Delicious.

*edit* he's gurning everywhere

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

verdict in full

That verdict :lol: tenuous to say the least.

"Aye, I've got a sore hand and my aim's a bit shite. I was going for his shirt, not his eyes - honest..."

Apologies for the double post - couldn't be arsed editing my first post again.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:
3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
https://twitter.com/Scotlandteam/status/968886959383904256
ETA: don't know why that didn't embed, but he's been cleared.

Expect much more English seethe. Pleasing.

The most common post is if that was "Insert English player/thug(Hartley is the one most  go for" that would of been a 4/5 week ban 

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

It was Nathan Hughes and it wasn't a 4/5 week ban.

Difficult for them to grasp that I'd imagine.

What they are going for is if it was an England player that cited they would get banned