Rugby Union

kiwififer

Proudest I've been since we won the grand slam in 1990.

Yeah, nothing can ever beat the 1990 win due to the circumstances and build up to that match.

But that today, first half especially, was as close as we've come.

Inverdale is actually seething as Johnson and Guscott are ripping his "Owens was against us" argument to shreds.
Strangely enough when I opened fb this morning there was a memory in which I said that even my wife thought Inverdale was a biased commentator. And she was only half watching the game.

#AsOne

Well that was simply brilliant. Scotland outplayed England in most areas and its brilliant that we won by more than a converted try. The scenes at the end of the game as well were special and this championship has opened up now. Special mentions to Russell, Barclay and Huw Jones.  Brilliant Scotland simply brilliant. 

Played really well first half. Finn is just the best isn't he. Days like today make his last two performances worth it. Watson, Barclay, McInally, Jones immense. Really proud and will enjoy tonight but next game is a big one and after today who knows what can happen. I think this is just the start.

51 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:
I'm not usually fair to him, but I think that was a reference to JJ and Dean Richards kicking it up and down Princes Street rather than anything sinister.
Still glorious how seething he was though.

Yep. I heard a fair chunk of the radio interview with Iain Robertson on Thursday night and he had that very high up his list of memorable Calcutta Cup moments.

I listened to that Ian Robertson interview.  He has been some servant to Scottish rugby over the years.  Hope he enjoys a long and happy retirement.  He will be missed.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I listened to that Ian Robertson interview.  He has been some servant to Scottish rugby over the years.  Hope he enjoys a long and happy retirement.  He will be missed.

He once punched my old man during a game, but bought him a pint afterwards when he realised it was a case of mistaken identity.

Good guy, despite sometimes leaning towards England in commentary.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

It's a big boost for Scotland that for once the scrum might be getting stronger as the tourney goes on instead of being decimated by injuries. Great to see Nel back and Zander Fagerson back for Glasgow too.

Berghan was superb today, he deserves to keep his place, but agree that for once in the 6N we are actually getting stronger as we go on.

Hope Tommy is OK though.

Huw Jones is a wid.

Stuart McInally is wonderful.

Laidlaw was absolutely the right pick to start today. I noticed 7/8 mins in that Danny Care tried to be a bit naughty by stopping Laidlaw from taking a quick lineout, I think, by grabbing his arm and Laidlaw didn't react to it. As much as Ali Price is very talented, he can be a little bitch at times and he might have reacted to it.

That being said, there are fewer things more glorious than the sight of Ali Price celebrating when Scotland/Glasgow win a big penalty towards the end of a game.

Jamie Bhatti seems to have a solid jawline.

I'm glad that Finn Russell was ballsy enough to try some risky stuff. It would have been a shame if his confidence had been knocked in the wake of the France game.

I don't mind Owen Farrell because he reminds me of his old man who enjoyed a scrap or six when he was at Wigan Warriors. The day that Andy Farrell tried to batter six St Helens players by himself was a wonderful day and clearly Farrell jnr was trying to channel that during the warm up.

Sam Underhill is a handy player but that was silly from him.

John Inverdale is a little bitch and is rugby's version of Mark Lawrenson. Get it right up the jowly c**t.

I'm not comfortable with not feeling great hatred towards Paul O'Connell.

Hard to believe that we hadn't scored a try at Murrayfield against England since 2004.

Great result today. I've definitely missed a lot out. This attacking from the off is working very well.

(To quote a scarf collecting Corsican maniac, who is greatly missed) Thank you.

1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Huw Jones is a wid.

Laidlaw was absolutely the right pick to start today. I noticed 7/8 mins in that Danny Care tried to be a bit naughty by stopping Laidlaw from taking a quick lineout, I think, by grabbing his arm and Laidlaw didn't react to it. As much as Ali Price is very talented, he can be a little bitch at times and he might have reacted to it.

That being said, there are fewer things more glorious than the sight of Ali Price celebrating when Scotland/Glasgow win a big penalty towards the end of a game.

I'm glad that Finn Russell was ballsy enough to try some risky stuff. It would have been a shame if his confidence had been knocked in the wake of the France game.

I don't mind Owen Farrell because he reminds me of his old man who enjoyed a scrap or six when he was at Wigan Warriors. The day that Andy Farrell tried to batter six St Helens players by himself was a wonderful day and clearly Farrell jnr was trying to channel that during the warm up.

John Inverdale is a little bitch and is rugby's version of Mark Lawrenson. Get it right up the jowly c**t.

Hard to believe that we hadn't scored a try at Murrayfield against England since 2004.

Great result today. I've definitely missed a lot out. This attacking from the off is working very well.

Got to agree on Farrell tbh - another who is an "aye but he's our arsehole" type. Love him playing for the Lions, would be delighted if he played for Glasgow.

6 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Huw Jones is a wid.

I'd add Brian Moore and Matt Dawson into that mix as well. Two guys i've done a complete 180 on since they retired and started punditry. 

I'd add Brian Moore and Matt Dawson into that mix as well. Two guys i've done a complete 180 on since they retired and started punditry. 

Austin Healey is not the worst either; absolutely loves Glasgow. To add Brian Moore is a legend was genuinely upset when I heard about his heart attack

Was it just one scrum penalty against us all game? Expected penalty, kick, maul all afternoon but we completely nullified them. 

Ireland will try to do that and will probably box kick far more effectively - Care’s kicking from hand was poor.

Jonny May - a poor man’s Derek Stark IMO